What's in your guitar collection?

Nice! What is the body/neck made out of on that thing? Looks darker than maple - is it mahogany?
Mahogany body and set net with a maple top and rosewood fretboard. It's basically the perfect guitar for me. Love it. It feels great. It's just such a relaxing guitar to play, I plug it in and tunes come out.

some....

Attachments

• Aston.JPG
    Aston.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 48
  • spg1.JPG
    spg1.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 50
  • d17m.JPG
    d17m.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 48
  • spg2.JPG
    spg2.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 49
Jdod

That looks like a perfect guitar for me! The legendary TeleGib!

Interesting that part of my ancestry is Welsh.

That looks like a perfect guitar for me! The legendary TeleGib!

Interesting that part of my ancestry is Welsh.

It is!!! Lighter than an LP and suits my playing style better. Don't think fender make them any more but you can find one on eBay.

I have a classical/flamenco guitar from 1910s. I use that on pretty much all my recordings now a days.

I also have a Cordoba 45FP and a 1991 Fender Deluxe Plus with a custom pickup.

In case y'all thought I was kidding about the pointy road flare red RG-550 with EMGs:

IMG_20150109_074012.jpg

This guitar is trying to get your girlfriend's phone number

I have a bronze RG550 without the scratch plate. Can't wait to get it out of storage..

In fact, can't wait to get them all out of storage and take the obligatory photo of them all "reunited" in a nice row on the living room wall.

I have a duesenberg mike campbell 30th anniversary starplayer 2013, a fender nashville deluxe tele 2004, a cheap hamer electric, a cheap yamaha acoustic, a resonator converted to play like a dobro and a mandostrat :) love the doozy, google john mayer and keith urban playing til summer comes around and hear the doozy unleashed!

In case y'all thought I was kidding about the pointy road flare red RG-550 with EMGs:

View attachment 91146

This guitar is trying to get your girlfriend's phone number

I see your pointy Ibanez and raise you a pointy Aria Pro II !

WP_20150109_17_23_51_Pro (Medium).jpg

I've had this thing since about 1989. It was my 2nd electric guitar, after my first was stolen. Apparently it's a 1984 Aria Pro II Inazuma. The paint must be aftermarket because I didn't see it offered in the old catalogs I found while researching online. It has pretty terrible pickups (low output, at least) and the non-Floyd-Rose-licensed tailpiece has been a nightmare since that day I got it. But still I hang on to it. It actually comes in handy every once in a while, assuming I've put strings on it in the last year or two.

IMG_1857.JPG
Since we're talking pointy things... She's not quite as flashy as the others but the floyd rose still sucks on it! :D

Only other pointy guitar in my collection is the SG.

I've got probably the most battered Washburn acoustic around, a strat style 'Frankenstein' electric (that gets very little use) and a Bass guitar made by Stagg that I picked up for 60 quid...

A Mex-Strat with David Gilmour Black Strat pickup electronics.
A Mex-Strat Roadhouse with Texas Special Pickups
A Mex Fender Active Jazz Bass with deep dark nylon coated flatwound strings
An Ibenez accoustic Dreadnought 6 string
A Resonator of some variety
A $99 Les Paul clone that sounds pretty good for the price.

And I can't play any of them! :D :facepalm:

1999 Tobacco Sunburst Les Paul Standard with Bare Knuckle PG humbuckers. 2010 Cherry ES335 Custom Shop. 2012 Sunburst non reverse Firebird with 3 P90's. G&L Asat with humbucker in neck. Rickenbacker 360 12 string in black. Guild D55 dreadnought. Gibson 'Historic Series' Advanced Jumbo. National 'D' model wooden resonator. Gibson SG bass in black. Yamaha 12 string [from the 80's] Yamaha FG 413s, and an old 'strat' type Aria used for slide .Oh and a Gitane 225 which is for sale.

My collection mainly comprises (amongst others):

1985 Jaydee Hooligan
1989 ES335TDC
1991 and 1997 Les Paul Standards
1993 American Standard Telecaster
1992 Squier Hank Marvin Signature Stratocaster
2014 Eric Clapton Signature Stratocaster (Blackie)

RB

Last edited:
I see your pointy Ibanez and raise you a pointy Aria Pro II !

View attachment 91159

I've had this thing since about 1989. It was my 2nd electric guitar, after my first was stolen. Apparently it's a 1984 Aria Pro II Inazuma. The paint must be aftermarket because I didn't see it offered in the old catalogs I found while researching online. It has pretty terrible pickups (low output, at least) and the non-Floyd-Rose-licensed tailpiece has been a nightmare since that day I got it. But still I hang on to it. It actually comes in handy every once in a while, assuming I've put strings on it in the last year or two.

That's one cool guitar.

yes - I can't figure out whether I'd wear zebra striped spandex pants, or leopard spotted spandex pants with it. Maybe I could find a pair that has zebra on one pant and leopard on the other.
just pants? You're a beginner, you want a flared catsuit!

Back