What's goin' on with everybody

This was the beast and what a beast she was. Come to think of it, it was the only convertible I ever owned.0.jpg

Pete Lux's Centurion 455 Q-Jet with mild cam , HEI, 3.00:1 highway gear backed with a TH400 and mild 1800-2200 stall. Driven in the Pet Parade every year.

Huge convertible cars with drop tops or T tops..

1972Cent.jpg
Cars today all look the same.

Last edited:
and what a beast she was. Come to think of it, it was
And you left it behind?

Like KIRK CAMERON?
MV5BMGU3MmMxOWYtZmNhNi00ZjczLWJkYmEtMjJjZjBiZDRiYmZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5Nzc4MDY@._V1_.jpg

Standing out on a balcony watching the Blue Angels' air show, final show for our Sun-N-Fun. Some years the planes in various displays/shows will swing more over toward my place, this and last year they've flown over a couple times but have stayed mostly SW of me. One year I had just pulled into my parking space at the grocery store when a lone 50s-70s era fighter jet did several low pass flybys directly overhead at just a few hundred feet. Buzzing the lot. I swear I could read the nametag on his suit.

a.jpg

Last edited:
I have been selling all my equipment. Dumped four guitars already, 8 to go. Sold a couple of amps. Sold a ton of speakers. Some boards and mics.
Gots to get rid of this junk. I am officially retired from the business. I have been doubling my money on the guitars and making a little
on the rest of the stuff. So far so good.

Reactions: TAE
I played my new bass all day yesterday and the day before. I've got one blistered finger and three more on the verge - very sore. I'm going to lay off for a week to let them start callusing up.

This is my first Fender USA bass and it's noticeably better than my old Fender MIJ basses. It sounds incredible just running it straight DI through the interface with nothing on it - totally dry. The Custom Shop Jazz PUs have a nice growl that's not overly noticeable, when I want more I can go through the Ampeg.

I played my new bass all day yesterday and the day before. I've got one blistered finger and three more on the verge - very sore. I'm going to lay off for a week to let them start callusing up.

This is my first Fender USA bass and it's noticeably better than my old Fender MIJ basses. It sounds incredible just running it straight DI through the interface with nothing on it - totally dry. The Custom Shop Jazz PUs have a nice growl that's not overly noticeable, when I want more I can go through the Ampeg.
I am selling my Peavey G bass that I found in a dumpster.Peavey_G-Bass_USA_01.jpg

I have been selling all my equipment. Dumped four guitars already, 8 to go. Sold a couple of amps. Sold a ton of speakers. Some boards and mics.
Gots to get rid of this junk. I am officially retired from the business. I have been doubling my money on the guitars and making a little
on the rest of the stuff. So far so good.
I'm at the same place kind of sort of...I'm still playing in the country band and doing my own thing recording but I have way too much gear that just sits..sold off a bunch of speakers last year. Have several keyboard cases that have to go, a few small PA systems... I'll keep a few keyboards and modules but I have A LOT of odds and ends that just have to get gone..... That's just the music room...The garage is a whole other clusterfuck of hoarding syndrome mess that I REALLY have to address soon....

I'm at the same place kind of sort of...I'm still playing in the country band and doing my own thing recording but I have way too much gear that just sits..sold off a bunch of speakers last year. Have several keyboard cases that have to go, a few small PA systems... I'll keep a few keyboards and modules but I have A LOT of odds and ends that just have to get gone..... That's just the music room...The garage is a whole other clusterfuck of hoarding syndrome mess that I REALLY have to address soon....
Depends if you're more into getting your money back or just need to get rid of stuff. I look at it like I've already got my money's worth out of this stuff and even $1.00 would be a profit, so I just take it down to the pawn shop and sell it. I figure I break even and it gets gone fast. Just keep the machine moving and grinding. Buy more (different) stuff if you need it.

Right now I've got a small Porta Studio I haven't used in almost 2 years, a mountain dulcimer I never play, my old Rogue 6-string acoustic I keep saying I might record with but never seem to get to it, and my experimental bass that plays and sounds good but would love to trade in on a Junior Jet II. I'm on the verge of taking it all to GC and trading them in towards that Junior Jet II. Whatever GC doesn't want goes to the pawn shop.

Reactions: TAE
Hadn't considered the pawn shops.... Craigslist, offerup and Facebook marketplace Just posted the PA's and the keyboard case soooo much more stuff I just don't use or need anymore...In the garage more sentimental value ( Lot's of my Pop's stuff) but I just don't use or need at this juncture...hard to part with but I need to embrace the purge.

I look at it like I've already got my money's worth out of this stuff and even $1.00 would be a profit
Totally agree. I've never got with the obsession people have of making their money back on something they've already bought. For me, it's dead money. I saved it, I spent it. It's no different to money spent on food or a restaurant or petrol. Therefore, if I sell it 20 years down the line, that's a bonus and nothing more. If it's going towards something else, then whoopee !
I have been doubling my money on the guitars and making a little on the rest of the stuff
That said, I'm happy that you have been making some money because I want to see everyone happy.
Except whoever dumped that bass in the dumpster.
A plague on their houses !

sentimental value
A great cure for sentimental value is to watch those shows about hoarders. I must confess, I have no sentimental value attached to anything. Well, that's not strictly true. When something has to go, I remember the great moments we've shared together.
Then it's off you go ! Go on, get the heck out of here, I won't change my mind......!

Totally agree. I've never got with the obsession people have of making their money back on something they've already bought. For me, it's dead money. I saved it, I spent it. It's no different to money spent on food or a restaurant or petrol. Therefore, if I sell it 20 years down the line, that's a bonus and nothing more. If it's going towards something else, then whoopee !

That said, I'm happy that you have been making some money because I want to see everyone happy.
Except whoever dumped that bass in the dumpster.
A plague on their houses !
Not only that, it came with a case a hew strap and cord!

Hadn't considered the pawn shops.... Craigslist, offerup and Facebook marketplace Just posted the PA's and the keyboard case soooo much more stuff I just don't use or need anymore...In the garage more sentimental value ( Lot's of my Pop's stuff) but I just don't use or need at this juncture...hard to part with but I need to embrace the purge.
Pawn shops will eat you alive.

I bought a '72 Tele with Fender HC and a combo amp off a coworker for $300 in . . .1980, IIRC. During The Great Liquidation of Nought-9, I sold the Tele and HC alone to a pawn shop for $350. I was happy with the arrangement.

I dug out an old band song from, like, 1975(?). It was written by one of the guys who drifted in/out/in/out of the band and it's one of three he wrote which I consider to be really good. The mp3 copy I wound up with ain't the best version of this one, it's actually a slightly different one from his original, but it's close enough for me to deconstruct and rebuild with me playing all the parts.

This recording is actually so bad that it's making it easier to isolate the parts. I've begun with high-passing to drop the bass down to almost nothing. Then I spent a week trying to reconstruct my old bass part - I had no problem remembering what I had played long ago but the newer version of the song had been rearranged and the bass part doesn't fit in now. So I spent the next week writing a new bass part. I figured out what I wanted to play - it took several more days to finesse it into place getting all the accents and weaving it in with the newer drum part.

As far as the new bass part goes, it's 99% done. Next, I'll record the bass then perform a similar procedure to get the first rhythm guitar down. I'll need to add at least one more rhythm guitar, then a lead guitar. After all that, I'll copy the drums on this version using MT Power Drumkit at first, then Reaper's ReaSamplOmatic5000 to substitute more realistic drum & cymbal samples.

Back