What's goin' on with everybody

Plugged the PSG into my Ampeg Gemini II through my Strymon timeline and the Chandler tube overdrive, what a tone!

Man after weeks of trying to figure out what was going on with my Dodge Ram I finally got to the bottom of it..For crying out loud...
Misfire on cylinder 6 was the code....and that's when the trouble started
I ended up taking and putting that valve cover on and off about 5 times before I conceded that I needed to surrender my car over to a Mechanic....Nooooooo!
Yep tried replacing the lifter, then the rocker arm. then shimming the lifter all to no avail...It was a dropped valve seat...Oh hell no I am not pulling the heads.
Then trying to find a legit mechanic in 2023. The good ones were booked out months. The liars, thieves and father rapist were all more than willing to take it in and have it back in 3 days..for a nominal fee
Finally a friend of friend referred me to a decent cat that took care of business...Had to buy new aftermarket heads to eliminate me having to go through this again...It's a 2003 Ram 1500 with just over 100K...It's up and running like a new engine only took 6 weeks of fiddle farting around and $3200 to get it resolved...first world problems, I'll tell ya!

Man after weeks of trying to figure out what was going on with my Dodge Ram I finally got to the bottom of it..For crying out loud...
Misfire on cylinder 6 was the code....and that's when the trouble started
I ended up taking and putting that valve cover on and off about 5 times before I conceded that I needed to surrender my car over to a Mechanic....Nooooooo!
Yep tried replacing the lifter, then the rocker arm. then shimming the lifter all to no avail...It was a dropped valve seat...Oh hell no I am not pulling the heads.
Then trying to find a legit mechanic in 2023. The good ones were booked out months. The liars, thieves and father rapist were all more than willing to take it in and have it back in 3 days..for a nominal fee
Finally a friend of friend referred me to a decent cat that took care of business...Had to buy new aftermarket heads to eliminate me having to go through this again...It's a 2003 Ram 1500 with just over 100K...It's up and running like a new engine only took 6 weeks of fiddle farting around and $3200 to get it resolved...first world problems, I'll tell ya!
The valve seat had come out of the head and was sitting loose on the valve stem?

Reactions: TAE
My '66 Vette 327 had one rocker arm that kept slipping off the pushrod allowing the rod to slam up and down between the lifter and aluminum valve cover. Tweaking the rocker arm tight enough to prevent this resulted in a bent pushrod. Just loose enough to prevent bending allowed the arm to slip off again. I was like WTF!? I had to put in a set of super duper ultra hi-performance pushrods which took care of that problem. Then the rocker arm broke off! So I replaced all of them with super duper hi-performance arms and that seemed to fix that.

If I had only been driving the car at reasonable speeds and conditions I'm sure none of these problems would have come about, but I was always running into other hot cars while cruising about and couldn't help but wind up street racing at speeds well over 120 MPH. One night as I was hot on the tail of a Z28, I slammed my shifter into 3rd gear at 110 MPH and the shifter pulled right up out of the console - just dangled in mid air with only one single skinny rod still connected to the trans. I had to let the Z go and snuggled all the way home stuck in 3rd gear. Next day I put in a Hurst short throw shifter and that was that.

The valve seat had come out of the head and was sitting loose on the valve stem?
Not completely loose sitting on the valve though that happens and worse on these. They can fall down on the piston and do some real damage. Mine was just starting to fall out enough to effect the compression and cause a misfire...PITA but fixed for a good while...loving how it drives and sounds now..While it was in the shop I had the guy throw new shocks on it and do a complete trany flush...Now a few cosmetic things and I should be good for at least another 100 K

My '66 Vette 327 had one rocker arm that kept slipping off the pushrod allowing the rod to slam up and down between the lifter and aluminum valve cover. Tweaking the rocker arm tight enough to prevent this resulted in a bent pushrod. Just loose enough to prevent bending allowed the arm to slip off again. I was like WTF!? I had to put in a set of super duper ultra hi-performance pushrods which took care of that problem. Then the rocker arm broke off! So I replaced all of them with super duper hi-performance arms and that seemed to fix that.

If I had only been driving the car at reasonable speeds and conditions I'm sure none of these problems would have come about, but I was always running into other hot cars while cruising about and couldn't help but wind up street racing at speeds well over 120 MPH. One night as I was hot on the tail of a Z28, I slammed my shifter into 3rd gear at 110 MPH and the shifter pulled right up out of the console - just dangled in mid air with only one single skinny rod still connected to the trans. I had to let the Z go and snuggled all the way home stuck in 3rd gear. Next day I put in a Hurst short throw shifter and that was that.
You own a 66 Vette now or was this and back in the days thing? If it's now I hate you.

I haven't had a muscle car since I was teen but I terrorized my town and friends for about a year and a half in my little 65 GTO It had a muncie 4 speed with the Hurst shifter...power shifting...yeah buddy. My Chinese partner has a bad ass porche in Guangzhou....He let me drive it once...He about had a heart attack..
;)

nMf_VqS_2Km8YkOydHO_OfaM4LC3EXKZyNPiBIUmOlIjx-dJt1JXfAmRgWc4cx6lq810fNHSNdinv4xjbX9cA6-Xu_1fFGO_VOSadJd2j3JI38NfxOfm76UQeOWWcd4AxA6ahPWxvbqTAMRNhf20USO0EWzoIIwPUWPEymiMaG9zgg6iLqI6FCAwWztvW9aF-7HXbi6RWJeA0237ZbY5_OuJspRRqj0CJb0C51ZR7wxYIGoEQMm1BaJQPTFKst65iHAsghoXLKCIJiVXlU1oLfKJf9ysPCRfOaiaVIpqDTgGlJ_Bj3wVoFu9f0W1zthQZ6qu9_rwz8z4hUJ7jBrLczjtQJF-nDzXI0K0vJ_StPGsevjE3im9iQ7v9WGKnnGjHoktOv7oa2YcC5Tt688zf1BAkIXjRpgQRHYx3p9NT2EdRMuwycAzfIICe3ePdjLlnCIUpuFeZDCfYwlARORjUlXl8vGW_AtPNeCFIej_CFYaFwNUtYRhh_QsVePaJpTC23XKNbKg6ekKwx2L1kuRiY301Z5eItTk-vk9qf4mDacNsBznjI05sYePSosJ7XWWMT_tms9cnRiItnDTc2JAop0qB9KsNdWCkLo3k0ZwDZRJSihO_n99WAyeHu4mXBiAhQ9C3Ju3vWybIxSzLEQImpRVNfJz0Fj0fp6fLkPaChwgI5jyn5y-RCH0G3rqBJ6u8aQtPzVPs4q7_iU-PDob7_ddJOpUL3atKhJcvMYAdNoDO63UM8YVS4ZEkD1Fep5PU7WmiO1gaiRCg0fE8ysXmg86bSHxHO3daDUWswovX_7k1txIHLda80VhfxvbRFDeTvPFuX8QP_Yy3Ozm7J4ne5iSZxCqTfx8_FCkJJ2G7NyZIhLCOJmESGBSrkOGiX_7En7blW0VDuxmrKFyrfix79e5J8x7-4Nwl5hIHR02cuMwsfxe7iDcx9JClePEn1HdrZWW-p8d7hgPS1RLd6fe6hcTV0PKOip3dICbrgDEHxS3O1Jz0Wye2UTBkYovc5Ln1johCPLKJBxw6vCbqxu0i8DqtQ9_HmUSkE3d1WEBbLi64a05cff1TZXOnd39ku9S=w697-h929-s-no

Last edited:
Back in the day.. 77-82. That was the last exciting vehicle I owned. Nothing but family cars since, though the 92 Delta 88 3.8 V6 was a screamer (sleeper). Your little 65 GTO was a nice piece of gear. There were plenty of those along with Road Runners, Super Bees, Chevelles and Impalas dragging up and down my street in those days. The 60's ROCK! Nice Porsche 8-)

You own a 66 Vette now or was this and back in the days thing? If it's now I hate you.

I haven't had a muscle car since I was teen but I terrorized my town and friends for about a year and a half in my little 65 GTO It had a muncie 4 speed with the Hurst shifter...power shifting...yeah buddy. My Chinese partner has a bad ass porche in Guangzhou....He let me drive it once...He about had a heart attack..
;)

nMf_VqS_2Km8YkOydHO_OfaM4LC3EXKZyNPiBIUmOlIjx-dJt1JXfAmRgWc4cx6lq810fNHSNdinv4xjbX9cA6-Xu_1fFGO_VOSadJd2j3JI38NfxOfm76UQeOWWcd4AxA6ahPWxvbqTAMRNhf20USO0EWzoIIwPUWPEymiMaG9zgg6iLqI6FCAwWztvW9aF-7HXbi6RWJeA0237ZbY5_OuJspRRqj0CJb0C51ZR7wxYIGoEQMm1BaJQPTFKst65iHAsghoXLKCIJiVXlU1oLfKJf9ysPCRfOaiaVIpqDTgGlJ_Bj3wVoFu9f0W1zthQZ6qu9_rwz8z4hUJ7jBrLczjtQJF-nDzXI0K0vJ_StPGsevjE3im9iQ7v9WGKnnGjHoktOv7oa2YcC5Tt688zf1BAkIXjRpgQRHYx3p9NT2EdRMuwycAzfIICe3ePdjLlnCIUpuFeZDCfYwlARORjUlXl8vGW_AtPNeCFIej_CFYaFwNUtYRhh_QsVePaJpTC23XKNbKg6ekKwx2L1kuRiY301Z5eItTk-vk9qf4mDacNsBznjI05sYePSosJ7XWWMT_tms9cnRiItnDTc2JAop0qB9KsNdWCkLo3k0ZwDZRJSihO_n99WAyeHu4mXBiAhQ9C3Ju3vWybIxSzLEQImpRVNfJz0Fj0fp6fLkPaChwgI5jyn5y-RCH0G3rqBJ6u8aQtPzVPs4q7_iU-PDob7_ddJOpUL3atKhJcvMYAdNoDO63UM8YVS4ZEkD1Fep5PU7WmiO1gaiRCg0fE8ysXmg86bSHxHO3daDUWswovX_7k1txIHLda80VhfxvbRFDeTvPFuX8QP_Yy3Ozm7J4ne5iSZxCqTfx8_FCkJJ2G7NyZIhLCOJmESGBSrkOGiX_7En7blW0VDuxmrKFyrfix79e5J8x7-4Nwl5hIHR02cuMwsfxe7iDcx9JClePEn1HdrZWW-p8d7hgPS1RLd6fe6hcTV0PKOip3dICbrgDEHxS3O1Jz0Wye2UTBkYovc5Ln1johCPLKJBxw6vCbqxu0i8DqtQ9_HmUSkE3d1WEBbLi64a05cff1TZXOnd39ku9S=w697-h929-s-no
My buddy took me for a ride in a Turbo S about 10 years ago. I about shit myself. It was fun - but scary. I didn't really care for 140+MPH. Like... that was neat - but I don't need to do that again.

My buddy took me for a ride in a Turbo S about 10 years ago. I about shit myself. It was fun - but scary. I didn't really care for 140+MPH. Like... that was neat - but I don't need to do that again.
It was a Sunday out in a commercial area of Foshan and the streets were empty. I didn't know that he had never gone fast in it. I know it had under 20K on it. I get it out there on this long ass street and punch it, pedal to the metal. We were going over 150 very quickly....He was seriously holding onto his chest like he was having a heart attack...Funny, he has never offered to let me drive it again...It's actually his wife but she never drives it, it just sits at the factory and one of his workers fires it up and drives it around every few weeks ...first world problems I tell ya...

Back in the day.. 77-82. That was the last exciting vehicle I owned. Nothing but family cars since, though the 92 Delta 88 3.8 V6 was a screamer (sleeper). Your little 65 GTO was a nice piece of gear. There were plenty of those along with Road Runners, Super Bees, Chevelles and Impalas dragging up and down my street in those days. The 60's ROCK! Nice Porsche 8-)
my first car was a 64 Dynamic 88 convertible with no reverse.

Who does your pitch shifting? Where is the Whammy at?
From 4 floor pedals and five knee levers. Some bend one or two strings up x amount and other lower one or two strings down x amount. It is all slide
so no whammy needed.

• Wow
Reactions: TAE
The Eventide 4000SE was pretty popular. Those 2 space Eventides'. Yeah.. Place the harmonizer volume on an exp pedal. Fade it in as you solo the melody. There is so much it can do. It doesnt sound all digital and crappy like the new stuff. Nothing after 95', after it all starts sounding the same..Bad.

Whammys are no joke. If yours sounds bad, it is set up wrong. Awesome tech.

Korg has some nice shifting..older stuff is all granular and nasty..After the DL8000 it goes bland..

Back