What's goin' on with everybody

My Cuda had a A833 4 spd . Optioned with a 3:23:1 ratio, 8 and 3/4 " sure-grip rear end.

The Malibu only had a 3.08 gear, I didnt want to spend a bunch on posi from GM. So I did a ratcheting Locker to attain traction...lay 2 lines of rubber. It ratchets to allow one wheel to overtake the other during turns. An interesting solution that came at half the cost.

Have I shown yall my old truck? A 85' C10 shortbed..383 stroked, supercharged, 3.73 gear with 700R4 auto..Locker..dual gas tanks..

CAM01300.jpgsfdsfdg.jpg
Cuda backing out..sold to Mecum Auto Museum
File0057aa.jpg
Malibu sold to Jim Link Cheverolet for the Malibu Time Capsule
File0043.jpg
Only have my Hondas now. Accord and Integra both 5 speeds.
dasfg.jpgCAM00005.jpg
20180120_145357.jpgScreenshot 2023-03-25 140409.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful 'Cuda. I always wanted one, never made it. Really nice truck too. I did have an '82 C10 long bed 350/350 THM350 stock rear. My mom had the '70 Malibu Coupe bone stock 350/THM350 same color and top as yours.

I was the VW Beetle guy you all were leaving in the dust. Shout out for the boobie prize. They all had damn good heat, I tell ya. I mean really good!

Reactions: TAE
I was the VW Beetle guy you all were leaving in the dust. Shout out for the boobie prize. They all had damn good heat, I tell ya. I mean really good!
I'll never forget the night a VW pulled into the local Jack in the box where my local high school friends would hang out at night. This guy gets out and ask if any one wants to race. Further discussion's and the dude admits his bug is "built" and turns 11's in the quarter mile.. I call bullshit...he says hop in...HOLY SHIT! Yep he had a built bug that could smoke most any of the muscle cars that were parked there that night. My GTO had a 389 with tri power, a "3/4 race" sig erson cam, muncie 4 speed and the 390 posi-traction rear end......best time I ever got was in the low 13's

I had a '68 and a '66. When I say it had some good heat....

I'd done some painting college days and had a couple half fulls in the back floorboard. Tooling down the road just tickled pink the job was complete, all of a sudden BOOM! I bout pooped my pants, had no idea what the heck. Pulled over and turns out the air expanded from that awesome heat in the back floor board and blew the lid off the bucket. I tell ya, awesome, awesome heat in a VW.

A buddy got himself a '65 VW Bus which came with a portable heater for rear heating. Some kind of small portable camping type space heater. I never knew what fuel it used. This was in Fairfax, Virginia and would have choked us to death come winter time.

Yeah, on the front of my Honda's I-4 the header pipes all converge. So in the morning I would cover my eats' (Hot Pockets) in foil, place the wrap on the flat collector part secure w/ wire coat hanger, and drive to school/work. By the time the engine reached operating TEMP 180 degF the pipes were 350 Deg F..Baked for 15-20 min on high, on the way there..Entre' the parking lot and pop the hood to get my breakfast..
Screenshot 2023-03-25 110301 - Copy.jpg

The rest is delicious history in my tummy.

Last edited:
I had a VW Beetle, and the heater vent was right by your accellerator foot.
I literally arrived everywhere 'hotfoot', and otherwise freezing cold.

The two VWs I have owned were the top two out of three of the worst cars I have ever owned. Coming in a close third was anything MOPAR (MoveOver, Pontiac Approaching Rapidly)

Beaky I had a 90 Integra. It replaced my '80 RX7 which was a really fun car. The only problem was with 2 kids and a driver, the two seats in the RX-7 didn't work out. I kept the Integra for 25 years, my son learned to drive on it, and drove it to school for 2 years in high school. Then it became the "around town" car. I loved driving a stick! I finally sold it since I had my Taurus and my company car. Other than replacing the timing belt, the engine was all original. Those things were bulletproof!

That had some real cast iron under the hood. Reverse gear was an option.
Not with N.J. State inspections. They were going to put it on the lift and I pulled in a bit to much. They told me to back it up about a foot. Then they told me to come back when I had reverse, which was never.

Other than replacing the timing belt, the engine was all original. Those things were bulletproof!
Honda Acura from 89-04 had their act together making fantastic machines.
I had a VW Beetle, and the heater vent was right by your accellerator foot.
I literally arrived everywhere 'hotfoot', and otherwise freezing cold.
You ever try cooking hot pockets on the way in to work with them?
A buddy got himself a '65 VW Bus which came with a portable heater for rear heating. Some kind of small portable camping type space heater. I never knew what fuel it used. This was in Fairfax, Virginia and would have choked us to death come winter time.
Kerosene
I'll never forget the night a VW pulled into the local Jack in the box where my local high school friends would hang out at night. ... My GTO had a 389 with tri power, a "3/4 race" sig erson cam, muncie 4 speed and the 390 posi-traction rear end......best time I ever got was in the low 13's
When my high school friends got their first cars from their parents.. Like a 80 Cutlass 350, or 78 Grand Prix with 400"/th400 automatics with lockup .We would get a 2800-3000 stall(Jeggs/Warchowskis $89) and 3:73+ gears in it fast as we could. Public works had various rear ends, drum to drum, with the ring and pinion(ford 9" or 8.5" gm. $85 bucks or work an 8 hour Saturday for it..none of that shit exists anymore.
77-pgplj.jpeg

Junkyard had fresh in TH350C-working low miles 50$ or the 400s were lots more..the 350c had a lockup for highway use. drops 5-600 rpms in final drive.

Q-Jet $20

Hyper Pistons, moly Rings, clevite bearing kit, SBC
cam springs+double roller timing set. $100
cam was white box .420/.444" $39.99
Hone it yourself with a electric drill.

Then do massive burnouts when detention let out at 4pm..

Last edited:
Reactions: TAE
Blew up? Wow. That sucks.

At school there was a beautiful young lady whose parent was a dentist. I thought her car was so cool. White late 80's Supra Turbo.

cant find a picture..Ill find a picture of her with it...nevermind..like this one
NikkisGP.jpg
4 years later at a reunion summer party, she was driving a new black 1990 300Z.

Last edited:
Back