What genre would you say this track is ?

Well, if it were me I guess I would say electronica. I can't get any more detailed than that because I don't really know anything about electronica (or even if this really is that). Sounds nice and well-balanced though, whatever it is! :)

It is pretty crazy that there are so many subdivisions of electronica. I was trying to get some modern stuff to DJ with even though I am a 70s reject like the rest of you, and I saw all these genres listed...

House, Deep House, Trance, NuDisco, Ambient etc. and that doesnt include the pop/hip-hop variations.... needless to say it took hours to get an acceptable playlist together that wouldn't drive me insane. Not doing too much DJing with modern stuff anymore...

It is pretty crazy that there are so many subdivisions of electronica. I was trying to get some modern stuff to DJ with even though I am a 70s reject like the rest of you, and I saw all these genres listed...

House, Deep House, Trance, NuDisco, Ambient etc. and that doesnt include the pop/hip-hop variations.... needless to say it took hours to get an acceptable playlist together that wouldn't drive me insane. Not doing too much DJing with modern stuff anymore...

Yeah what he just said. Pick one and go with it

Some kinda ambient house?

Regardless, are you clipping some of your sounds here? I was hearing some distortion when the beat kicks in that I suspect wasn't intended.

I think Steve is right, sounds like there could be some clipping. Nice little tune. The type would I would call 90's retro EDM, but they have so any names for that type of music hard to say. But it is on the extreme mellow side of EDM.

Double check you levels and see if something isn't going into the red.

Back