What can I do to improve my mix on this song?

MMxL0neLy

Trying to figure out what I can do to make it sound even better I recorded the vocals and mixed and mastered it myself.
The microphone used was the SM7B running into an SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Pre
Other than that any feedback would be great only looking for mix and mastering advice

Just a Demo Song Work in Progress

WAV Version

Updated Version

Attachments

• Studio Master MP3.mp3
    3.4 MB
Last edited:
Sounds pretty good, but I'm hearing it a bit off center.. it's sounding a little heavier on the left side.
Definitely, I should add more volume to the right band on the multiband to make it more balanced thanks a lot for your quick response, and thank you for the feedback.

Was that Autotune that the vocal went through? Or did you use a different plugin?

Trying to figure out what I can do to make it sound even better I recorded the vocals and mixed and mastered it myself.
The microphone used was the SM7B running into an SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Pre
Other than that any feedback would be great only looking for mix and mastering advice

Just a Demo Song Work in Progress

WAV Version

You've done a good job so far - as far as critiquing the mix - you are a little shy on the lower frequencies - they are smooth - but I want them more prominent.
Then your upper mids are bit subdued - although that is probably your mixing choice right?

You've done a good job so far - as far as critiquing the mix - you are a little shy on the lower frequencies - they are smooth - but I want them more prominent.
Then your upper mids are bit subdued - although that is probably your mixing choice right?
The upper mids are a bit subdued I've already gone back and smoothed it out and for the low, I tried not to mess with it as much but may have to see what small changes I can implement thank you.

Back