What can I do to improve my mix on this song?

New version sounds better. I really like this - nice sound. Have you filled this out to a complete tune?

There's just the slightest bit more going on in the left channel over the right. Not bad. I might play around with adding some smooth strings in spots - perhaps have them balancing out the right channel, but not too far.

Listened through the ipad - no discernible difference. Listened through earbuds, the second one sounded m-a-r-g-i-n-a-l-l-y fuller. Listened through the monitors, and there's the difference - the second kick is way bigger. I like it, but I'd still dial it down a taste. When a kick completely dominates a mix it's like it's designed for disco morons. But your stuff is closer to Daft Punk, so needs a more subtle approach, I think.

Hey, here's something cool. I was A/B'ing the two mixes in the first post. I listened to about 2/3 of the first one, then shifted to the second and hit play and Voila! check the mouth on the person in the top picture. Sudden lipstick. Nifty. If you planned that, you're very clever.

Hey, a question: On both mixes, the bass opens on the left and then when the kick comes in, the bass shifts to the middle. Why'd you do that?

New version sounds better. I really like this - nice sound. Have you filled this out to a complete tune?

There's just the slightest bit more going on in the left channel over the right. Not bad. I might play around with adding some smooth strings in spots - perhaps have them balancing out the right channel, but not too far.
Almost done with the full song still playing with the multiband since I did lower the left side still playing with that till it sounds good don't wanna do anything crazy since I still need to finish the song first.

Listened through the ipad - no discernible difference. Listened through earbuds, the second one sounded m-a-r-g-i-n-a-l-l-y fuller. Listened through the monitors, and there's the difference - the second kick is way bigger. I like it, but I'd still dial it down a taste. When a kick completely dominates a mix it's like it's designed for disco morons. But your stuff is closer to Daft Punk, so needs a more subtle approach, I think.

Hey, here's something cool. I was A/B'ing the two mixes in the first post. I listened to about 2/3 of the first one, then shifted to the second and hit play and Voila! check the mouth on the person in the top picture. Sudden lipstick. Nifty. If you planned that, you're very clever.

Hey, a question: On both mixes, the bass opens on the left and then when the kick comes in, the bass shifts to the middle. Why'd you do that?
Thanks again I did not plan the picture with the sudden lipstick haha I'm still playing with the overall balance of the track since I don't really have stems I can't change a lot Other than the mix on my vocals and the master but doing my best still working on the general song but wanted to get the mix out of the way so when its done the hard part is done.

^^ This.

Back