What can be done?

bthiesson

with a pile of priceless vintage gear like this....so here's how it is;

I am brand new to home recording, over a period of time I have accumulated a bunch of older stuff, most of it because it was cheap or free (though I am not free, I am definitely cheap) I have a Tascam Portastudio 07, an elderly Roland piano with MIDI ports, a pc 333mhz, a dual cassette deck, and a variety of amps and guitars etc. I have several useable mics, SM57, etc. I have a wide variety of cables, cords and adaptors. In keeping with the old obsolete theme I have cakewalk ProAudio8 and a Soundblaster soundcard. Anything I produce is strictly for my own enjoyment, my last gig was many years ago, and from the outset I am not concerned with quality of results as much as any results at all. In other words, how do I hook all this junk together so I can record stuff from my keyboard, guitar vocals etc. Can I record a set of drums on the 4 track and put the track on the computer? Also, does anyone out there know where I can find some info on how this software works....it came without a manual (maybe that's why it was so cheap) Any and all help will be most gratefully appreciated....Brian

hmmmm i could tell you how to hook up everything. just one thing, you're planning to record on the pc or the casstes decks?

I would like to end up with the finished product on cassette...my pc does not have a cd burner....Brian

Back