what are peoples reviews off the presonus audio interface ? anyone used it / have it?

durlew04

just bought the presonus recording kit mic - leads - audio interface - head phone for 150 pound ?
ill prob change the mic obviously when i get into it more but as i starting price i think that its reasonable ?
what are peoples thoughts ? cheers guys :)

It's a well-built device. It's probably great for mics and guitar. If you want to record keyboards or mix down from an external mixer into the computer, you'll need to get something else.

ow dear thats what i was hoping to do in the future :/ was gunna hook my interface up with a mixer to give me a better mix. my keyboard is a midi so i shouldn't have any problems with that, its got a midi out so all i need is an xlr to xlr right ? into interface and out of keyboard ?

A MIDI connector isn't the same as XLR. Different number of pins. The little 2-channel AudioBox won't accept line level inputs at all. You'll overdrive the crap out of the mic preamp if you plug a line level XLR into the mic jack. It's very much a one trick pony.

right so i need a midi xlr cable ? has it a special name ? right i see. what should have i of been looking for ? thanks for your help btw shame i didnt ask this question before i bought it haha never mind :). its only to get me started anyway.

I didn't research it thoroughly before I bought it either. I had an M-Audio card that had line level inputs before and assumed they all had them.

A MIDI cable is just called a MIDI cable. Someone at the store will know what you mean.

If your keyboard has a midi out and you want to record midi data you need a 5 pin midi cable. It's the same at both ends.
If you want to record the sound that your keyboard makes, that's a completely different thing and you'd ned line inputs for that.

was gunna hook my interface up with a mixer to give me a better mix.

A mixer wont give you a better mix, or necessarily a better sound.
It'll give you more routing flexibility and the option to record and mixdown several live audio channels into a stereo recording, but that's not especially useful to you (I guess).
Again, you'd need line level inputs anyway.
I'd forget the mixer idea. :)

Back