Wanna buy a cheap bass, any recommendations on Yamaha, Epiphone, Squier & Ibanez?

Joro,
Nope, I have a 'cello & have experience with friction tuners and have the graphite stick to help out with that. This one is a SCREW thread on the end of the tuner - goes into the neck as if screwing in a fixture.

Hmmm....I don't quite know how this happened, but I cycled home pissed as a newt last night with this Jaguar on my back.

jag bass black.jpg

:guitar: I'm telling you. I cannot walk out of Denmark St without buying something. It's all those guys just gagging to show off their skills....here, let me play it for you, this is so perfect for you, sounds cool right (it always sounds cool) have a go, it's got 3 knobs, I'll turn them and you won't hear the difference but you'll be impressed anyway, sit down and try it, it's great right? I'll give you a free bag and cable, come back for some free stings when you need them.

Gawd, I'm such a sucker. :laughings:

Hmmm....I don't quite know how this happened, but I cycled home pissed as a newt last night with this Jaguar on my back.

View attachment 82553

:guitar: I'm telling you. I cannot walk out of Denmark St without buying something. It's all those guys just gagging to show off their skills....here, let me play it for you, this is so perfect for you, sounds cool right (it always sounds cool) have a go, it's got 3 knobs, I'll turn them and you won't hear the difference but you'll be impressed anyway, sit down and try it, it's great right? I'll give you a free bag and cable, come back for some free stings when you need them.

Londoner eh?

nice guitar congrats and good luck with it.
save that receipt for the free strings....unless you are an animal, strings should last at least five years....but, bass strings are wicked expensive.

I purchased a Spector a few months back. Not the best, but it handles well and sounds good. For a cheap bass, build quality is good, dual pick ups. It really needs a DI or Amp as the signal is really weak.

I have stubby fingers, so the neck seems to work for me. I tried a 85 Fender Jazz and that was one hard ass bass to play. My hands hurt like hell and I play acoustic a lot. Sound was sweet though.

View attachment 82553

I love it. I love basses and guitars that have some style. Jags have cool style. Congrats!

ibanez bass

I've had one for quiet sometime and its a very nice nice guitar the action is good and has responsive pickups.cost me about 200 quid though but i dare say if you are lucky and look around there might be one for you car boots are good i saw a guy walking around with a really nice squire he payed 20 pounds for ....so who knows whats out there

Awesome!! P/J config (but just turn all the knobs up and leave them there :) ). Pictures looks like it might be a short scale.

Great score. You didn't mention the price. Ah-hem.... :D

Now about the pissed newt thing, care to elaborate?

Proud of you girl!!

Joro,
Nope, I have a 'cello & have experience with friction tuners and have the graphite stick to help out with that. This one is a SCREW thread on the end of the tuner - goes into the neck as if screwing in a fixture.
wouldn't a locking washer help then?

Well done FTG.
Is it short scale?
Looks good and almost any bass will "do" these days.
I look forward to hearing it.
have your friends keep an eye out for gear addiction though.

Well done FTG.
Is it short scale?
Looks good and almost any bass will "do" these days.
I look forward to hearing it.
have your friends keep an eye out for gear addiction though.

Yeh it's short scale, and really light. Like Greg said, I've got spindly arms and little hands on account of being a LADY, so it's pretty perfect. I did try a full scale but it made me feel like a midget and it weighed a tonne. It would have been annoying to play, this is easy. Well, not easy, but I love this thing already.

Awesome!! P/J config (but just turn all the knobs up and leave them there :) ). Pictures looks like it might be a short scale.

Great score. You didn't mention the price. Ah-hem.... :D

Now about the pissed newt thing, care to elaborate?

Proud of you girl!!

It was £200, so a touch over my budget, almost double, but that ain't unusual when I see what I want. Friday afternoon, no boss around = get pissed, buy a bass that you can't afford, ride home when you should be taking the train. :D

It was £200, so a touch over my budget, almost double, but that ain't unusual when I see what I want. Friday afternoon, no boss around = get pissed, buy a bass that you can't afford, ride home when you should be taking the train. :D

I like your style!

About a year ago I bought a used Squire P bass at Guitar Center for $74. I keep it at our practice house so I don't have to haul a bass back and forth. The Squire has served me very well and for the money it would be hard to beat.
Two weeks I bought a 1982 model Peavey T-40 for $100 with original case. Not sure if you are familiar with that bass, but in my opinion, it's one of the most under appreciated bass guitars out there. Made in USA, very solid build quality, and you can get a huge variety of tones by tweaking the controls. The neck is super adjustable because in addition to the usual truss rod, it also has a set screw to adjust the neck angle. Although the T-40 is very heavy, if you're going to use it in a home studio and not on stage, that may not be a problem.

Back