Walking Douglas County

Sounds real good. Maybe dry the vocals up just a hair. Just barely. The roominess makes the sibilance stand out a little too much to me. The bass is very powerful and is bordering on being too boomy, but it's so subtle in the mix that it works and I like the way it jumps out sometimes.

So from your log-in name and location, I'm gonna assume you're in Auburn, Alabama? I've been there a few times to watch my LSU Tigers play Auburn.

With h/phones on the bass is way too boomy & almost quake quality. the tone is great for the song and it's place in the mix is nice but I think you ought to put a high pass filter on it & cut out anything less than 100 as a start.
Currently it's the sort of tone I'd want at a big live gig so that I can feel it punching my chest but not in cans.
Good song, good voals - just the bass needs work 4 me - I double checked on speakers & the issue isn't there at all - I've swapped h/phones & it's the same in both pair.

Hey thanks for the heads up on the bass. I purposely put it up front to try and highlight the country bass quality to it, so it's interesting to hear comments about the bass. I'm gonna tick it back next cut and see how it plays.

I was in Auburn. Birmingham now. But War Eagle as always. I like LSU though, people always say they're the worst fans, but I've found it's kind of a show and that all of them are the nicest people in the world - especially to have a beer with.

Hey thanks for the heads up on the bass. I purposely put it up front to try and highlight the country bass quality to it, so it's interesting to hear comments about the bass. I'm gonna tick it back next cut and see how it plays.

I was in Auburn. Birmingham now. But War Eagle as always. I like LSU though, people always say they're the worst fans, but I've found it's kind of a show and that all of them are the nicest people in the world - especially to have a beer with.

LSU fans are maniacal about our football. There's a reason Tiger Stadium is top of the list every year in places visiting teams don't wanna play. But yeah, go out to the parking lot, and LSU tailgaters are the friendliest bunch of people you'll ever find....especially when we win. :D

Geaux Tigers!

Listening on my cheapo computer speakers, but it's sounding well balanced on these. Nice melodies, good song

Back