Value of a Tascam 48?

Chris Shaeffer

Peavey ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey everyone,

Welp. Rent is going up on my studio space and I'm thinking I may be moving out of it. So... the Tascam 48 is probably going on the chopping block along with the NR units for it- DX-4D's.

Anyone know what a reasonable asking price for the 48 would be? I can't find much mention of it on the web. :(

And how does one ship this beast?! Anyone have experience shipping an r-2-r machine?

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. Don't worry I'll still have a deck- I trying to hold onto the MSR-16. ;) It may have to go, too, but for now it doesn't look like it. Still not quite sure which I should sell, but I'm thinking the 48.

going to depend on condition, wear, where it has been kept, does it come with manual, etc. etc. etc.... low end - 250 high end I saw was 1500 for mint never used once kept in air conditioned space for 15 years. of course from a dealer they are always more than that.

Chris,

For shipping, nothing less than double boxing will do. I purchased a R-to-R recently which weighs about 72lbs.
The machine was placed on its back on padding in the bottom of the case, with thick plastic over the faceplate to prevent damage.

VERY IMPORTANT: I learned this from the seller: if at all possible, remove the reel spindles during shipping, as they are vulnerable to bending and/or pressure damage on the reel tables. All accessories should be wrapped individually.

The machine was packed in the inner box with peanuts and newspaper in every crevice and the box taped shut. Then this box was placed in an outer box with about 4 inches of space around it. This space was packed with peanuts and the box sealed with heavy-duty shipping tape. The machine travelled from Canada to the US flawlessly. Nicest packing job for a heavy/fragile item I have seen.

Best,
CC.

Thanks, Falken and Cosmic.

Bigsnake, I'll post in the for sale forum when I've put it through its paces and made *sure* eerything still works as it did when I last used it a couple months ago.

Take care,
Chris

Back