UR242 interface

BobbyP

Thanks for reading. Gear: Sonar 7 HS XL, Windows 7, AKG C3000B, Art Pro Channel Strip to Steinberg UR242. Hi Folks, if I plug my mic in to my Art Channel Strip, out of Channel Strip and then in to the UR242, do I plug the Channel Strip in ti the "line in" at the back? Phantom power will be supplied by the Channel Strip so no Phantom required from the Steinberg UR242. Using only one mic for VO projects. Thank You.

If you mean the Art Pro Channel II then according to the user manual, it's line level output (as you would expect). Inputs 3 or 4 could be used, and you'd set the level all in the ART, as there are no gain controls on those inputs in the UR242. They are balanced (1/4" TRS), so you'd want an XLR (F) to 1/4" TRS plug, i.e., a balanced cable, for that connection.

If you mean the Art Pro Channel II then according to the user manual, it's line level output (as you would expect). Inputs 3 or 4 could be used, and you'd set the level all in the ART, as there are no gain controls on those inputs in the UR242. They are balanced (1/4" TRS), so you'd want an XLR (F) to 1/4" TRS plug, i.e., a balanced cable, for that connection.
Hi Kieth and thank you for your reply. I have that exact cable, XLR to 1/4" so I'm good that way. My Channel strip is not the Art Channel II but the "Art Channel" and by process of elimination I think I have it figured out now thanks to you. I'm going to fire things up later today and hopefully be in business. Great resource and nice folks here.

It might make a little difference - is your XLR to 1/4" TRS or just TS?
Good point and I just checked and it is TRS. It's all about the details. I can't wait to fire things up and see how it works. I had to surrender my M-Audio Delta 44 as the drivers just evaporated. Hoping to make friend with Steinberg UR242 interface. Thank you for all of your help and I'm sure I will back to bother you nice folks soon, lol.

Hi folks, it's been a while. I have a new question pertaining to the UR242. I had/have it installed on my iMac but have now switched to a different interface. What do I have to do to use my UR242 on a different machine? I have the license or access code but it will not let me re-install it on another computer or I am doing something wrong. Thanks ahead, Cheers.

Back