Connecting Device to Audio Interface

neonblue

I am not great with terminology so I hope I explain this question properly (I also only have a rudimentary understanding of my DAW)

I am using Logic Pro as my DAW and an Apogee Desktop Symphony as my audio interface. I am thinking of getting a Katana GO headphone guitar amp to use for practicing (normal use) but I would also like, on occasion, to connect it to Logic through my Apogee Desktop Symphony for recording purposes. I will state below how I think I might be able to do this and if I am wrong please correct me (I am not even sure if I can do this).

1) Plug the Katana Go into the guitar
2) I would use a standard 1/4 inch guitar cable to hook the "Phones Out" port on the GO to the "Instrument In" on the Apogee (where I would just normally plug my guitar into)
3) I would then open Logic and use the same Audio input channel (in my case channel 2) that I would normally record my guitar through which is labelled "Mic or Line". Then, I am assuming, I could record a guitar track normally in Logic and it would capture the audio that is being output from the Katana GO.

Is this correct or am I entirely missing the boat? I know the Katana Go can also be used as an audio interface itself but I would prefer to use the Apogee as the audio interface if at all possible. Thank you for any input you can provide.

The Katana has a stereo headphone output not an instrument output. You'll need a mini headphone jack to dual 1/4 inch unbalanced and plug in to the line in input in the back of the interface. Guessing perhaps some of the guitar effects are stereo and if so, you'll want to record into stereo tracks. If you can confirm mono output, then just plug one of the 1/4 inch into the back. The output of the headphone jack is going to be too hot for the instrument input.

Back