Two Soundcards In At Once?

Miseria_Cantare

Yeah, so...

Is it possible for me to have 2 in the PC at the same time, and just switch between them whenever I like?

Because I noticed that when I first put a card in it chose that over the onboard sound, and I had no option of switching back to it, unless I took the card out.

But this time I have 2 actual cards.

Yeah it should be fine. I used to do the same thing.

You can switch between them in contol panel>sounds and audio (but you probably knew that) :)

Sure, it's done all the time. All the ins and outs of the two cards should show up in all your audio apps, and you should be able to mix and match as you wish.

legionserial said:
You can switch between them in contol panel>sounds and audio (but you probably knew that) :)

Yeah, that's where I went to try and get back to the onboard sound once I'd put my audigy 2 in a while back, but it didn't show up once I'd put the card in.

Now I've got a delta1010LT and I'd like to have that in at the same time as the Audigy, because plugging normal speakers and other things into those RC things is a bit awkward, have to find adapters and such.

:)

Miseria_Cantare said:
Yeah, that's where I went to try and get back to the onboard sound once I'd put my audigy 2 in a while back, but it didn't show up once I'd put the card in.

the onboard soundcard works different then a PCI. As soon as your PC sees that you've installed PCI card it (Windows) automatically assigns the IRQ (Memory slot) and deactivates the onboard. There is now way to run them both. Same goes if you have onboard video and a another vid card, you can't run em both.

Back