Tune with anyhix on steel guitar

WOW!!! That was really good. Great mix, great song, great performance. This is just about ready for the radio. My one and only nitpick would be the snare. It seems to be doubled and panned and that doesn't work for me. Might have something to do with the snare mic vs the overheads, but I don't know for sure.

Great separation on all the instruments. No mud, no conflicts. Just nice, wide open mix.

I enjoyed the listen and I hope others do to.

WOW!!! That was really good. Great mix, great song, great performance. This is just about ready for the radio. My one and only nitpick would be the snare. It seems to be doubled and panned and that doesn't work for me. Might have something to do with the snare mic vs the overheads, but I don't know for sure.

Great separation on all the instruments. No mud, no conflicts. Just nice, wide open mix.

I enjoyed the listen and I hope others do to.

Thanks chili.
All I played on drums is the snare and the bass drum...no cymblas. I had a sm57 on the snare and a pair of overhead condensers on the right and left. I have them panned hard left and hard right. I think I could just pan the overheads dead center and I would solve the issue your hearing.
Thanks for listening.

I wonder how it'd sound with the snare more in the C than the R. Very smooth yet dynamic recording here. The vocal effortlessly comes in and out, very natural. Very nice work man.

:thumbs up:
Excellent mix and very nice performances. I hate to say this, but I hear one of the lower strings on the steel is a little out of tune....is that just me?
Everything else is premier!

Man this takes me straight back to my childhood and the traditional style country we listened too. This sounds great Jimi! I did hear a couple "P" pops...might want to see if you can nail them down. Other than that..great!

I wonder how it'd sound with the snare more in the C than the R. Very smooth yet dynamic recording here. The vocal effortlessly comes in and out, very natural. Very nice work man.
Yeah, I think I need to narrow the snare panning. I'm going to work on the mix a little more. May get a chance tomorrow.
Thanks for listening!
:thumbs up:
Excellent mix and very nice performances. I hate to say this, but I hear one of the lower strings on the steel is a little out of tune....is that just me?
Everything else is premier!
I don't know if the steel was out of tune...it's hell doing bar slants and keeping it in tune. I know, because I bought a lap steel and worked ALL DAY yesterday on one stinkin' half a verse length steel solo. lol
I was ready to throw that lap steel on the brush pile! But, I mailed the solo before I gave up.
Thanks for listening broken!
Man this takes me straight back to my childhood and the traditional style country we listened too. This sounds great Jimi! I did hear a couple "P" pops...might want to see if you can nail them down. Other than that..great!

I was raised on this stuff too. Actually, thus was supposed to be a,scratch vocal for Andy to go by when he did the remote steel recording. I quickly sang and recorded it so he would have a point of reference on where to place his parts. It didn't sound half bad so I have never recorded a proper vocal take. ...with the pop filter in the isolation room.
Thanks for listening bruthish!

Love the feel to the song. Balance on things is good.

I thought the steel guitar on the left was a little pointy. But only in spots. After the first verse, it settled in nicely.

I thought the vocal was a bit crispy. If you have a boost in the upper mids, I'd back off of it. Loved the vocal performance.

Rhythm got a little loose in spots.

Sounds great Jimi. My reaction was much the same as Chili's. I love that old honky tonk vibe, the clarity and simplicity of the arrangement and the strong groove. Is that your steel guitar? I did not have any problem with the snare, personally. It sounds pretty radio-ready. If only there were radio stations that still played this kind of music!

Love the feel to the song. Balance on things is good.

I thought the steel guitar on the left was a little pointy. But only in spots. After the first verse, it settled in nicely.

I thought the vocal was a bit crispy. If you have a boost in the upper mids, I'd back off of it. Loved the vocal performance.

Rhythm got a little loose in spots.

Thanks TripleM
I agree with you on all of the above.

Sounds great Jimi. My reaction was much the same as Chili's. I love that old honky tonk vibe, the clarity and simplicity of the arrangement and the strong groove. Is that your steel guitar? I did not have any problem with the snare, personally. It sounds pretty radio-ready. If only there were radio stations that still played this kind of music!
Thanks Robus.
I plug my phone in to my stereo in my car or truck and my radio still plays this type of stuff!
lol
I appreciate you giving it a listen.

put out an album Jimi. I'd buy it. This would be great along with the newer track you posted. Really good stuff. I think this sounds much more complete with that snare dead C. I like that shuffling sound doing the hi-hats job - what is that? is it just soft beats on the snare?

vocals sound very good. great singing too. if anything, some of the lead guitars could down just a bit. i want to hear a little bit of the room around the vocal when lines start to die out.

put out an album Jimi. I'd buy it. This would be great along with the newer track you posted. Really good stuff. I think this sounds much more complete with that snare dead C. I like that shuffling sound doing the hi-hats job - what is that? is it just soft beats on the snare?

vocals sound very good. great singing too. if anything, some of the lead guitars could down just a bit. i want to hear a little bit of the room around the vocal when lines start to die out.
thanks andrush.
What you are hearing is all snare drum with brushes. A textured snare head and one brush rubs across it in a circular motion while the other brush hits the snare. It's an old style of country (and jazz) drumming.

Back