Traben bass guitars... Thoughts?

Dogbreath

Im an ex-spurt
Just looking for meat world opinions on these.

I'm looking at this un... Array Limited - Traben Basses only in a 5 string.

Seems like one of their claims to fame is the size of the bridge and how it affects tone and sustain.

Anyone play one of these?
What were/are your thoughts?

much thanks.
:)

Be very wary of claims by any one that they can manipulate sustain purely based on one aspect of an instrument. I'm sure they may well be very nice and very playable but as we have gone over time and time again here the matter of fact is that sustain or "attack and decay" is dependent on many things. Simply chucking a lump of metal at the bridge is not the solution..

In short if you like it, it's the right bass for you. In my experience if you want a good deep sustain from a bass then you should look at through body stringing, through neck construction and active pickups. A laminate neck often seems to give a good sustain but although I have some supposition for why that may be I do not have any concrete acoustics behind why that may be..

Cool.
Thanks Muttley.

I was kind of skeptical on that bridge part. I mean, what they wrote makes a bit of sense in how they worded it... seemed reasonable and all but in my own experience, I've found that the string - thru and neck - thru made more difference to the sustain.
I just figured the bridge thing was just more info that I had no clue about.
There seems to be a lot of that.

I may go ahead and get it anyway...#1 cuz I like it. #2 cuz I can and #3...cuz I have 4 bass guitars. 4 is an even number and I'm an odd guy.
:D

Thanks again mang...

Cool.
Thanks Muttley.

I was kind of skeptical on that bridge part. I mean, what they wrote makes a bit of sense in how they worded it... seemed reasonable and all but in my own experience, I've found that the string - thru and neck - thru made more difference to the sustain.
I just figured the bridge thing was just more info that I had no clue about.
There seems to be a lot of that.

I may go ahead and get it anyway...#1 cuz I like it. #2 cuz I can and #3...cuz I have 4 bass guitars. 4 is an even number and I'm an odd guy.
:D

Thanks again mang...

1. 2 & 4....;)

TBH I didn't read there blurb on how and why a heavy bridge would increase sustain. I don't need to. It wont... but I'm sure they may well be nice instruments. Thats what I sell my stuff on. Well that and a better than average shot at getting what you are after.

Goo luck with it. Hope it does what you want and what they claim.

1. 2 & 4....;)

TBH I didn't read there blurb on how and why a heavy bridge would increase sustain. I don't need to. It wont... but I'm sure they may well be nice instruments. Thats what I sell my stuff on. Well that and a better than average shot at getting what you are after.

Goo luck with it. Hope it does what you want and what they claim.

pm sent... ;)

Back