Too compressed

EDIT: Oh...I wanted to ask if anyone has any thoughts on lufs level of a drum bus? Should I care? I was thinking that if drums are so much like short, transient hits...yeah, do I care so much for the average level of the drums? When mixing drums, should my main concern be the sound (naturally) and where stuff is peaking rather than the rms/ average level of the drums?
Sound naturally
Personally, If you can't afford a mastering converter that you can soft clip or integrate clipping. You are not going to get CD delivery levels. The 4 people that mastered everything in the 90s ruined the format.

Just get a good mix and send it to a mastering engineer, I recommend Massive Mastering.

Otherwise, if you got $3K to invest into a real mastering converter, I would get a Dangerous AD+

Hey Dr, thanks. I'm thinking that it might be a good option...do the mix as best I can and then send for mastering. I am familiar with Massive Mastering. he's on these forums isn't he? I don't suppose you'd care to ballpark what his fees are for a single 3min song mastered? EDIT: Just looked it up. Cool.

By the way...by "mastering converter" do you mean some kind of hardware? EDIT AGAIN: Yes you do. Ok, understood.

Last edited:
Back