TNC ACMP-73 for sale - Fantastic condition....

vicenzajay

I have one TNC ACMP -73 that is in great shape for sale....mine work great with no major issues that I can hear, I'm going to keep one of them that I own and sell this one. I'd like $285 for the unit before shipping and any fees.

Pics on request - look just like all of them out there though - all the lights and button backlights work perfectly. Pristine condition (i.e. this has been taken out of the box, racked, and used for 1-2 tracks). This unit has tracked just fine (and the EQ really sounds very nice!) with both condensers and dynamics.

FS OR FT...if someone has an ACMP-84 available, I don't mind trading straight up for one of those in order to try that particular EQ configuration.

All original packaging/plastic/manual/power cord/etc. included!

Very interested post me a pic.
Is this a trans in and out unit claiming neve clone?
Where abouts do you live?

Sale pending answers.

Very interested post me a pic.
Is this a trans in and out unit claiming neve clone?
Where abouts do you live?

Sale pending answers.

You won't be disappointed. I tend to work in pairs--if this were two I would have beat you to the punch. I've got 4 of 'em, and I love 'em on everything. The four that I have are dedicated to vox and acoustic instruments.

I wish I had a dozen.

Thanks whitestrat I can't really wait till he comes back to the board with the info.
What do these go for new?

:cool:

cant get them new....they were part of a group buy that took place here on the board a couple of years ago....you can do a search here and find all the info you need.....

Exactly...

What the others are saying here - I bought four preamps from the group buy several years ago. They are superb units - but I have another "pair" that I use for those applications (of another type), and I would really like to try the -84 iteration of this preamp.

I'll get pictures up here today...pm me, moresound, if you'd like more info....you're first in line at this point regardless.

Jay

Edit - as you can see in the pictures below, this unit fits perfectly in one rack space. Some of the units had issues with fitting within prescribed rack spaces. Mine worked out to fit just right.

Last edited:
Quick pictures...

ACMP73forsale002.jpg

ACMP73forsale001.jpg

:laughings: They couldn't be fixed other than by the owner when they were new :laughings:

If you need a warranty, maybe check out the Golden Age instead . . .

TEE HEE no I have stuff that's 20 years old and I still don't need no stinken warranty.

I have been eying thr pre73 is that the one you speak of MSH?

TEE HEE no I have stuff that's 20 years old and I still don't need no stinken warranty.

I have been eying thr pre73 is that the one you speak of MSH?

Think so. I don't know much about them except they seem to come from the same place. The GAP is a half rack with an external PSU, the ACMP is full rack with internal. Whatever floats your boat . . .

Hi Jon!

Think so. I don't know much about them except they seem to come from the same place. The GAP is a half rack with an external PSU, the ACMP is full rack with internal. Whatever floats your boat . . .

Just wanted to say that I love all my Naiant microphones and small devices. They continue to be the bees knees for me....!

The ACMP adds the EQ to the mix (vice the GAP's smaller form factor). The 73's obviously had a solid grounding plane (vice the 81's), and I find the EQ to actually be very nice and exceptionally usable...the high end is very smooth and the low mids (as expected) are quite nice.

That being said - as we all know, the ACMP units have no warranty - Brad McGowan/Antichef/and other heroes on this board really came through with solutions for, especially, the problematic 81's.

Jay

The only truly horrible thing about the 81s was the gain pop causing excess power in the emitter resistor. That was a fire hazard. Easy solution, stuff in a 3W resistor; hard solution, fix the gain pop. If the 73 lacks that problem, and is otherwise quiet, no worries.

The only truly horrible thing about the 81s was the gain pop causing excess power in the emitter resistor. That was a fire hazard. Easy solution, stuff in a 3W resistor; hard solution, fix the gain pop. If the 73 lacks that problem, and is otherwise quiet, no worries.
It has the same problem.

The TnC ACMP preamps. The 73, 84 and 81's all have the same gain switching arrangement, which transiently connects the output of the first preamp stage to its input at switch position 7, causing it to oscillate, producing a huge voltage spike which is amplified and can cause the output transistor's emitter resistor to fry, and damage equipment connected downstream.

There are several corrections for this, but they either cause loss of one gain position, or are electromechanically difficult to implement. Make sure the unit you are buying has had this corrected, or that you are willing/able to do it yourself. The easiest fix is described here:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=3090921&postcount=12

The TnC ACMP preamps. The 73, 84 and 81's all have the same gain switching arrangement, which transiently connects the output of the first preamp stage to its input at switch position 7, causing it to oscillate, producing a huge voltage spike which is amplified and can cause the output transistor's emitter resistor to fry, and damage equipment connected downstream.

There are several corrections for this, but they either cause loss of one gain position, or are electromechanically difficult to implement. Make sure the unit you are buying has had this corrected, or that you are willing/able to do it yourself. The easiest fix is described here:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=3090921&postcount=12

Thanks crazydoc the seller has not mentioned anything wrong with his unit but maybe he had it fixed or did this him self....Fries everything downstream from the unit ..... I'm not liking those words.

Back