Time to Time

MysticNetherlan

Another song done :)

I'm very curious as to what you guys n gals think about

* the composition

* the mix

I can think of a few things myself...

Great tune, transitions need some work. Probably extend the song to improve on the transitions. I thought everything was there, but these kind of song tend to be in the 6-8 minute range in order to accommodate the transitions. You could walk into each section a little better to get to the build up. Just a thought, but where you reach the highest energy part of each section, take that and use parts of it to build to it.

Not by any means an expert, but have tried to create some of this style of music as I think it is pretty cool. I have noticed the people who do it well have creative transitions and not just jump right in.

Hope this was constructive.

Flipped out video, goes good with it. Cool piece with a lot of action and rock solid bottom. It seemed to me that most of the upper high end material was dead center, I like to hear some spread up there and maybe some movement as well. I could see a short melodic vocal section in this also.

Great tune, transitions need some work. Probably extend the song to improve on the transitions. I thought everything was there, but these kind of song tend to be in the 6-8 minute range in order to accommodate the transitions. You could walk into each section a little better to get to the build up. Just a thought, but where you reach the highest energy part of each section, take that and use parts of it to build to it.

Not by any means an expert, but have tried to create some of this style of music as I think it is pretty cool. I have noticed the people who do it well have creative transitions and not just jump right in.

Hope this was constructive.
Yes it was! Thank you very much. When you're elbow-deep in your DAW and drowning in automation, EQ settings, side chaining and whathaveyou it's sometimes hard to take a step back and look at things like arrangement, transitions etc.

Flipped out video, goes good with it. Cool piece with a lot of action and rock solid bottom. It seemed to me that most of the upper high end material was dead center, I like to hear some spread up there and maybe some movement as well. I could see a short melodic vocal section in this also.
Hi, thanks! But there are vocals right? What do you mean?

Back