this song is going to be under my skin forever

so my ex-girl wanted me to record her....

.....i'm f'n crazy about her, but she's going to be moving to literally the other side of the world soon to teach english.

Yeah...you better get over it.... :) ...but now use this experience to go write a bunch of songs before all the feelings fade away.
Then you can send her some of your music wherever she is going to be...and who knows, maybe there WILL be another coming together at some point.

I can't get the song to load - but the story is vaguely familiar.

My last girlfriend was and is the most amazing muse for me. If I looked at her, touched her, listenned to her, or thought about her a song would inevitably follow. She said the most amazing things to me, and on one song I used her words to write in a female part for a duet... she made me sing it with her at her friend's party even before I was comfortable with it.

We broke up near to her birthday, and at the time I was in the process of making her a songbook and a little CD of all of the songs she inspired for her gift - the biggest and deepest personal thing I'd ever crafted for anyone. ... we were still friends and she had no idea what I was working on, but I asked her if she could sing this song with me so I could record it as a duet - she declined because of the personal nature of the tune... so, I've had to record it alone without that most crucial element.

I like Miroslav's idea - let the situation serve the songs - and let the songs serve your heart.

I can't get the song to load - but the story is vaguely familiar.

My last girlfriend was and is the most amazing muse for me. If I looked at her, touched her, listenned to her, or thought about her a song would inevitably follow. She said the most amazing things to me, and on one song I used her words to write in a female part for a duet... she made me sing it with her at her friend's party even before I was comfortable with it.

We broke up near to her birthday, and at the time I was in the process of making her a songbook and a little CD of all of the songs she inspired for her gift - the biggest and deepest personal thing I'd ever crafted for anyone. ... we were still friends and she had no idea what I was working on, but I asked her if she could sing this song with me so I could record it as a duet - she declined because of the personal nature of the tune... so, I've had to record it alone without that most crucial element.

I like Miroslav's idea - let the situation serve the songs - and let the songs serve your heart.

yeah. i hate how your songs can really communicate your heart to you.

it's so shit though. i wrote these amazingly great songs about her, and i wrote a "i shouldn't get with this girl" song about someone else. do you follow your heart or do you take the option that's there and can choose you back?

here i am though. will never get with ex, but have this other girl right within reach.

she has another song about me catching her breath.

i have no idea why she hasn't gone after me since she wrote these very recently. it's not okay to go after the girl that broke up with you right? she has to make the effort.

she's only moving away for a year, and she's pretty sincere about still relating to me. i can care for my friends, right? so what if i'm not married to her.

she's on a little tour right now, but she's coming to stay at my place for 4 days after thanksgiving. i hope i don't say anything stupid like 'i'm in love with you still blah blah'. .

Just sing with her and tell her she's amazing ....

.... and that you've done some research and the place where she is going to teach English is a haven for spiders and snakes!

yeah. she knows how much i appreciate her, her music, and our relationship... i made her cry in a good way a month ago before she started traveling. we just hugged and went our ways.

i even mentioned these songs. i said...i don't know who's got your string around his finger, or who catches your breath...but you should go for him. (i really don't know who the songs are about, but she's clearly not going for him)

she has a sense of what she should be doing with life...recording, music, relationally...but she stopped recording with me...and the reality is she's just traveling around and leaving to teach english because some island off of south korea is pretty looking.

it's not okay to go after the girl that broke up with you right? she has to make the effort.

Dude...NO RULES IN LOVE AND WAR!!!! :D

Girls are fickle, confused, irrational ...etc..etc.

If you want it...you better go for it. Just don't fall all over yourself and don't whine about it.
Just put it out there and let her know how you feel.
They want that...to be chased and to see you open up and be "sensitive"...plus, there's always some kind of "test" that you need to take and pass, they just never tell you it's a test. ;)
Not to mention...when they screw up in love, they don't like to admit it, they just want to make you feel like it was your fault. :laughings:

Yeah man...don't just sit around eating turkey with her during the holiday...talk about your feelings if you think she's sending out good vibes about you. You don't have to get sappy and say "I love you"...but then, sometimes you need to get sappy and say "I love you".
Just remember...this may be the last opportunity for you and her to get it on track. Don't put it off for some future meeting when/if she comes back.

and the reality is she's just traveling around and leaving to teach english because some island off of south korea is pretty looking.

This is something I did once. I left a good woman to go live in the mountains 100 miles from the nearest road .... she didn't understand that then and doesn't understand it to this day. I distinctly remember her telling me that she could deal with "another woman" easier than dealing with being left for the mountains.

Sorry man - but this put a nostalgic smile on my face.

we hung out last night and i eventually told her things that have been on my mind...before i mentioned it she was like...hey! let's hang out tomorrow night after i do some things!

she sorta responded like "hmm....let me think about this because you've really meant a lot to me in the last 6 months or so" and she said she wanted to talk before she left...

but she hasn't gotten a hold of me. i saw her earlier in the day and was like...oh give me a ring later...but... nothing.

so much for putting yourself out there i guess.

we hung out last night and i eventually told her things that have been on my mind...before i mentioned it she was like...hey! let's hang out tomorrow night after i do some things!

she sorta responded like "hmm....let me think about this because you've really meant a lot to me in the last 6 months or so" and she said she wanted to talk before she left...

but she hasn't gotten a hold of me. i saw her earlier in the day and was like...oh give me a ring later...but... nothing.

Dude, call that chick. Gotta get the ball moving! Like it or not, you're the man ;) If she can't talk when you call her then ask her to call back first chance she gets!

DON'T STOP NOW!!! :D

she thought i didn't have to work tomorrow and she hung out with a friend that was in town longer than expected.

welp...she told me that she wasn't interested, but if it changes she'll let me know. she always drops these "what am i going to do if i don't get accepted into the program?" and "doing this school work gets me down"...i hope she gets to do something life giving.

all in all, i'm really just glad that i could follow that wisdom my heart gives me. it was brave.

i want to know how to unlearn it though. i know there are women that like me, but i want to love my woman/wife the way i love this one. i have a lot grace, patience, and care to offer someone, but it's not like i can just shift it over to the next person so easily.

blah. life.

welp...she told me that she wasn't interested, but if it changes she'll let me know.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking that you were stuck in the "friend zone" after you told us she said she wanted to "hang out" with you. 9 outta 10 times that's what that means!

i want to know how to unlearn it though. i know there are women that like me, but i want to love my woman/wife the way i love this one. i have a lot grace, patience, and care to offer someone, but it's not like i can just shift it over to the next person so easily.

blah. life.

But this is where the beautiful thing in life known as time comes in :) Feelings fade eventually, even though while in the moment it seems like they'll last forever. And then somebody new pops up and feelings start growing again... :D Just give it time, amigo.

If you didn't put it out...you would have been just "hanging out" with her forever, wondering what it was all about and where it was going.

I'm sure you care for her...but it sounds like she's really not sure yet what she wants out of life or love...and with those women, you need to just step away and let them figure it out. If you try to push it and persuade them...you just end up distancing yourself from them.
When she figures it out...she may be back one day and realize you were the guy. If your are available at that time, then go for it. If not, and you've hooked up with someone else, then you're still good to go...but don't *wait* for her to figure out what she wants. Get on with your own life.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking that you were stuck in the "friend zone" after you told us she said she wanted to "hang out" with you. 9 outta 10 times that's what that means!

But this is where the beautiful thing in life known as time comes in :) Feelings fade eventually, even though while in the moment it seems like they'll last forever. And then somebody new pops up and feelings start growing again... :D Just give it time, amigo.

oh this attempt was devoid of all feeling. i don't have the warm fuzzies at all for her. there's something i can only describe in really spiritual language that i don't think i could describe.

i have the warm fuzzies completely for another girl, and i could be engaged by the end of the year prob if i wanted to, but i have some weird stuff holding me back. i've tried to deal with it a few times, but i end up breaking it off with her...which is just shitty. i don't know if i could put that on the plate again only to freak out and hurt her.

my life is what's known in layman's terms as 'fucked'.

i specifically asked who the song was about before she left. she sorta dodged the question and said it's a common theme and who's to say it's about a romantic relationship.

which is nonsense.

she knows i had a dream the night before we broke up that someone told me "don't give up on hope", we had a big fight that made us not involve with each other for months but we got a mediator and 'snuffed out the fires', and the song specifically says it's about an old lover and she hasn't really dated anyone else for like..8 years.

ok anonymous internet people. thanks for letting me blab.

oh and fyi she didn't say the words hang out. we played a game of cribbage and she said something like "let's play tomorrow night too...or record!".

my ex is my spiritual fire and someone that inspires a wisdom in me that never dies. she makes me want to write music and rejoice in the strange pain and beauty of life and i would let everyone at our wedding in on that if it ever happened. (i actually wrote part of a song that i would send people music/parts to be sung at a wedding inspired by this girl... i'll upload it...Download Wwt.mp3 - Kiwi6.com Mp3 Upload)

this other girl is a good good friend and we make each other smile a lot and if we ever got married it would be with a judge and a witness and if i ever wrote a song about us together it would be about how shitty life really is so you better medicate it with whatever makes you happy in the moment.

Back