The Walking Dead

Ok, that makes sense, except that Maggie, Bob & Sasha couldn't hear it when Glenn started shooting the zombies when whats-her-face got trapped?

Yeah that's just another writing error! Same thing with how Glenn and Tara could hear the zombies in the tunnel while they were standing at the entrance but later when they were walking down it it was completely silent. You just gotta ignore some things :D

I thought that was amazing. Yes, there are still a ton of unanswered questions, but what they did cover was pretty cool. Rick is back.

Was this the last episode? I wouldn't say that episode was worth the entire shit season, but I think it was pretty good as far as entertainment value goes. The recycling of ideas is pretty sad to me. Another "Governor" scenario? Another enemy compound to defeat and/or take over? I suppose in a zombie world there's not much room for story outside of boring slow-paced soap opera internal conflicts, killing zombies, or warring with other clans. More of the latter two would be okay with me if those are my only choices. Is it just bad writing that led us all to believe that Terminus was evil before they even got there, or are we all just cynical and expect the worst? I'm not excited about the unrealistic but probable outcome of a ragtag group of unarmed goofballs stuck in a train car overtaking an entire armed compound with just their wit and cold stares. I'm also pretty unexcited about the potential for there to be 4 episodes of just them stuck in a train car trying to figure it out. I'd rather this series end with them all dying and getting eaten by the Terminus people.

Yeah, last episode of the season. Wait until October now. :yawn:

What was with all the flashbacks - last chance to see ol' Herschel?

I didn't realize the guys Daryl hooked up with were the same ones from the house where Rick and gang had holed up.

So the Terminus guys ask to see all their weapons, frisk them (but not Michonne?), then let them have the weapons back? That makes no sense.
They sneak right in over the back fence, but when they try to get away there are a whole bunch of armed guys out there?
The machine gun shooter was obviously driving them in a particular direction - into a candle-filled room with nonsense slogans?

No sign of Beth yet. Maybe Tyreese and Carol (and the baby) will save the day ...

Yes, Joe was actually the guy leaning on the porch above Rick when he was preparing to flee that house. They've been tracking him the whole time, but Darryl didn't learn until this episode who they were after.

I think the flashbacks were mainly used to help illustrate Ricks's journey to where he is now.

The whole show started with him, but it's been frustrating seeing him go back and forth from pacifist to warrior, to grieving crazy guy, to farmer....and now this. A guy who will do whatever it takes to survive and protect those around him, no matter how ruthless, and with no regrets.

I think it finally puts all that stuff (who is Rick?...who really is the leader?) behind us so that we can move on to next year.

This whole season was really uneven and slow paced at times, but for me, this episode brought that part of the show to a close nicely. I think they've set it up pretty well to go in any direction they want with a lot of the character development side stories out of the way.

heatmiser said:
(who is Rick?...)

I was reading while the show was on, and didn't turn the channel after it was over....Talking Dead came on.

There was "Rick" talking in a Brit accent. On the show he seems so thoroughly American, my mind kept wondering when he was going to quit speaking in that fake Brit accent. Odd.

I thought it was a good episode all in all. Finally some action to help offset all of the mopey philosophical character development of the last several weeks. I was certain that Terminus was full of cannibals at the start of the episode, and that kept being reinforced as it developed (we take people in, and they make us stronger!). Actually the scene with the lady grilling at the end of the last episode was what got me to thinking "they're eating people!".

The parallel between Rick explaining the rabbit snare to Carl and the group being led into a trap at Terminus was a little heavy-handed. And the flashbacks to remind us that Herschel both mentored Farmer Rick and gave Glen his pocket watch were there for the dummies like me who don't pick up on such correlations unless they're spelled out.

My other first impression with the cold open was that Carl had been killed, but alas, he lives to annoy me another day. But Carl's death would mean that Rick would have to mope around for another half a season semi-catatonic and hallucinate about Carl for another half season. So if that's the price to pay...better to have Carl around.

Now if Tyrese just shows up and offers the baby to the cannibals, the show will be poised for a good season 5. Ah, fiction, where I can hope for such things to happen...

I thought the Rick-going-hardcore and biting that dude's neck was pretty sick. I'm glad the Terminus cannibal theory is pretty much confirmed now too...that makes things pretty interesting.

I thought the Rick-going-hardcore and biting that dude's neck was pretty sick. I'm glad the Terminus cannibal theory is pretty much confirmed now too...that makes things pretty interesting.

It's not really confirmed though, is it? I mean we suspect it to be so, and it probably is, but it wasn't 100% determined they were eating the Soylent Green. Wait, you said "pretty much confirmed". Yeah, pretty much.

I am way past hating Carl. I'm in like I hope he dies mode. I don't just hate his character, I hate the kid playing him. I don't like his face or his character. I'd hit him with my car in real life.

It's not really confirmed though, is it? I mean we suspect it to be so, and it probably is, but it wasn't 100% determined they were eating the Soylent Green. Wait, you said "pretty much confirmed". Yeah, pretty much.

I am way past hating Carl. I'm in like I hope he dies mode. I don't just hate his character, I hate the kid playing him. I don't like his face or his character. I'd hit him with my car in real life.

:laughings: That's some intense Carl-hatred!

Yeah the thing that sold the cannibal theory for me was when they ran past that random fenced in area that had all those human-ish bones in it. If they're not cannibals, I guess they'd be some sort of murder/sacrifice cult due to the writing on the walls in that candle room they ran through, which I'd also be cool with I guess!

:laughings: That's some intense Carl-hatred!

Yeah the thing that sold the cannibal theory for me was when they ran past that random fenced in area that had all those human-ish bones in it. If they're not cannibals, I guess they'd be some sort of murder/sacrifice cult due to the writing on the walls in that candle room they ran through, which I'd also be cool with I guess!

Yeah definitely. I do think they're cannibals. No different from rick and his cronies really, in that they've got their little isolated thing going on, except they lure people in to eat them.

There was "Rick" talking in a Brit accent. On the show he seems so thoroughly American, my mind kept wondering when he was going to quit speaking in that fake Brit accent. Odd.

Lol, I've been watching him (Andrew Lincoln) in stuff since I was a kid, so it's the American accent that seems fake to me!

I thought it was a pretty poor series and not a great ending. Hopefully they'll keep the pattern of good then bad then good series and come up with something great next time around.

I'm with Greg on the Carl-hating. He's such an annoying little tosser.

Lol, I've been watching him (Andrew Lincoln) in stuff since I was a kid, so it's the American accent that seems fake to me!

I thought it was a pretty poor series and not a great ending. Hopefully they'll keep the pattern of good then bad then good series and come up with something great next time around.

I'm with Greg on the Carl-hating. He's such an annoying little tosser.

Being an actual US southerner, although I don't speak with a hick accent, I think Rick's US accent/southern drawl is awful. Lol. In fact, most of them have bad accents. I know quite a few people down here in the south that roll their eyes at the southern drawl used on this show. Actually, Herschel's voice was pretty decent. Maybe because he has some age in his sound or something, but the rest are pretty lol'icious. Rick, Maggie, and Shane all sound ridiculous. It's not a deal breaker or anything because they're just actors, but maybe better dialect coaching would have been a good thing.

They all just sound like 'Muricans to me! Have you seen Frasier when Daphne Moon's brother (Simon, I think) turns up. His accent is pretty laughable. You can tell what he's going for, but no one in England talks like that.

They all just sound like 'Muricans to me! Have you seen Frasier when Daphne Moon's brother (Simon, I think) turns up. His accent is pretty laughable. You can tell what he's going for, but no one in England talks like that.

I never watched Frasier. I've seen some episodes, but it did nothing for me.

Actually, Herschel's voice was pretty decent.

I think Scott Wilson, who played Herschel, sounds almost exactly like that in real life? I've heard him speak a few times in interviews or whatever and I didn't notice much difference between him and the character So, maybe it's authentic unlike all the Brits on the show...

I think Scott Wilson, who played Herschel, sounds almost exactly like that in real life? I've heard him speak a few times in interviews or whatever and I didn't notice much difference between him and the character So, maybe it's authentic unlike all the Brits on the show...

We've invaded. There were three English actors (as far as I know) in lead roles in The Wire.

Maggie definitely sounds silly in her fake Georgian accent. Rick's has never really offended me, I thought his was much more neutral than some of the others.

The fake southeastern accents on Justified make me cringe too. A couple of those actors actually do a convincing job, but several of them sound ridiculous. Especially the actress that plays Ava.

Back