The Walking Dead

I think Scott Wilson, who played Herschel, sounds almost exactly like that in real life? I've heard him speak a few times in interviews or whatever and I didn't notice much difference between him and the character So, maybe it's authentic unlike all the Brits on the show...
I just looked him up.....he's from Atlanta, so that would explain why his voice sounds legit.

My opinion has been poo poo'd before when I've said it, but I think the Brit accent has more in common with the Southern accent in America than that of the North. But even at that, there are many "Southern" accents in America, even within not too many miles of another.

My opinion has been poo poo'd before when I've said it, but I think the Brit accent has more in common with the Southern accent in America than that of the North. But even at that, there are many "Southern" accents in America, even within not too many miles of another.

That's true. The accents are very different from Appalachia into the Carolinas into Georgia into the deep confederate south and into Texas. All different. And southern Louisiana probably has the craziest of them all. Louisiana people don't sound like any of them. Native New Orleanians sound like they're from NYC, and the surrounding areas all sound like some crazy cajun mashup of dialects. I'm from New Orleans, I get asked all the time if I'm from New Jersey/NYC.

As a Southerner myself, I'm willing to ignore how weird Rick's attempted accent sounds because it sounds pretty badass with all that gravely grit in it sometimes, but Maggie's is just plain AWFUL. I've been hoping she gets killed off every episode for the past 2 seasons because I just can't stand to listen to her talk.

I don't really know about Daryl's actor Norman Reedus or where he's from, but I like his voice he does for Daryl. Sounds pretty authentic for a Southerner.

It was considerably better than pretty much anything that's happened in the last 2 seasons. Hopefully it stays at full speed and doesn't sink back into soap opera territory.

I agree it was great, I just caught it all on NEtflix 1-4 without commercials, good enough to keep watching and wasting life hours.

The new one last night was great imo, action and all that. I agree I fast forwarded through alot of the soap opera crap, but thats the beauty of Netflix. The Season 5 opener was constantly bombarded with commercials, showing how popular the show became I guess....

fame always brings in the commercials, Mercedes Benz and others....I imagine I'd bow to the cash too, but it sure was a lot of interruptions. I might skip the season and wait for it to be on netflix, thats how we watched breaking bad and it was so much more enjoyable than being interrupted every 4 minutes.

1st World problems! lol ..gotta have something to whine and bitch about I guess, so commercial interruptions it is.
tired of Ebola...spread by the CDC? hmmm the Walking Dead might open up that can of bio-terror worms?

The only thing I watch live is football. Football has to be as it's happening, so commercials are a necessary evil. Everything else I watch is DVR or Netflix so commercials get zoomed over or don't exist at all.

hell yeah thats what Im talking about, I do the exact same viewing procedure 90% of the time.
the Season 5 opener was good and we watched it "live" only to remind me of the bombardment of obnoxious commercials.
might have to look into a dvr.

I agree it was great, I just caught it all on NEtflix 1-4 without commercials, good enough to keep watching and wasting life hours.

The new one last night was great imo, action and all that. I agree I fast forwarded through alot of the soap opera crap, but thats the beauty of Netflix. The Season 5 opener was constantly bombarded with commercials, showing how popular the show became I guess....

fame always brings in the commercials, Mercedes Benz and others....I imagine I'd bow to the cash too, but it sure was a lot of interruptions. I might skip the season and wait for it to be on netflix, thats how we watched breaking bad and it was so much more enjoyable than being interrupted every 4 minutes.

1st World problems! lol ..gotta have something to whine and bitch about I guess, so commercial interruptions it is.
tired of Ebola...spread by the CDC? hmmm the Walking Dead might open up that can of bio-terror worms?

Well, I mean, it's not like the Walking Dead has any more commercials than a normal show does. I think people just notice them more.

The only thing I watch live is football. Football has to be as it's happening, so commercials are a necessary evil. Everything else I watch is DVR or Netflix so commercials get zoomed over or don't exist at all.

Yeah I'm pretty much the same. I make an exception for The Walking Dead though because I get together with some friends and watch it. I have a DVR but I don't use it much lol....I find it's almost as annoying to fast foward through the commercials as it is to actually watch them!

Yeah, I thought the premiere was excellent. They packed a ton of stuff in there (almost too much after all of the slower paced stuff the last couple of years). Way more gore than I remember too.

It was a very satisfying start, but don't expect them to keep up that kind of pace all season. I expect a big drop in the amount of action starting next week. Probably time for characters to catch up with each other and do some soul searching and all that crap. :)

Yeah, I thought the premiere was excellent. They packed a ton of stuff in there (almost too much after all of the slower paced stuff the last couple of years). Way more gore than I remember too.

It was a very satisfying start, but don't expect them to keep up that kind of pace all season. I expect a big drop in the amount of action starting next week. Probably time for characters to catch up with each other and do some soul searching and all that crap. :)

Yep, same here. Maybeeeee they can keep it up for 1 more episode, but after that it'll just be blah blah blah for a while I think. The only 2 things I think are interesting now are the presence of Morgan (dude at the end of the show) and what is going on with Beth's kidnapping! Looking forward to those things, but honestly I'm kinda sad Terminus is over all ready. They spend half of a season trying to get there, then they blow it to hell and torch the place in like 40 minutes lol. :D

Don't you guys have 'On Demand' on your cable system? Wait a couple days and you can FF thru the commercials (which are not as long as during the original broadcast.)
Thought it was a great season opener.

I DVR and watch it later. You can't wait long though because there are spoilers ever where you turn unless you close yourself off from the world.

Last night's show was dragging a bit, but holy f*ck on the last minutes. Poor Bob - and who are the other 2 who are going to get it next week?

Yeah. Lol. I knew that first episode's momentum couldn't last long. Episode 2 quickly slammed on the brakes and got right back to 2 minutes of action and 58 minutes of boring suck.

The ending was very satisfyingly demented though.

Last night's show was dragging a bit, but holy f*ck on the last minutes. Poor Bob - and who are the other 2 who are going to get it next week?

Pretty sure the other 2 Rick was talking about are Daryl and Carol, since they go chasing off after the Beth people without letting the others know...so Rick prob thinks they got kidnapped.

Yeah. Lol. I knew that first episode's momentum couldn't last long. Episode 2 quickly slammed on the brakes and got right back to 2 minutes of action and 58 minutes of boring suck.

The ending was very satisfyingly demented though.

Yeah, like one of my friends said.. "I feel like they could have put this whole episode into like 30 mins." Truth.

They somehow managed to stretch out 1) Meet dude 2) get food 3)Bob kidnapped/eaten into a whole hour :laughings:

Back