The Road

DM60

This bookends the other song I had posted "Dirt Roads". Where Dirt Roads is pondering of the journey, this is the acceptance of the journey.

Thank you in advance for the listen, all comments welcomed.

Last edited:
Nice song. Knee slapper. But everything seems panned directly in the middle. Makes it very hard to distinguish the pieces. You really need to spread this out more, and I think it could be killer.

Fun listen. I really like the singing. Like the vocal tone too. I think the vocals might be just a bit too low in the mix.

The only thing I don't care for is the drums. The cymbals are very strident and forward in the drum mix. Snare is far back. Kick is a bit far back too.

Fun listen. I really like the singing. Like the vocal tone too. I think the vocals might be just a bit too low in the mix.

The only thing I don't care for is the drums. The cymbals are very strident and forward in the drum mix. Snare is far back. Kick is a bit far back too.
Thank you, I pulled back the snare thinking it was popping a bit too much. I always try and get the kick to punch through, I will definitely take another look at that.

Thanks a bunch for the feedback.

Nice song. Knee slapper. But everything seems panned directly in the middle. Makes it very hard to distinguish the pieces. You really need to spread this out more, and I think it could be killer.
In regards to the panning, I was aware of that, but was trying to get this close group gathering feel. Obviously it didn't work or you would have picked up that vibe.

Just to give a bit of background, I have a banjo, juiceharp (I was afraid I was going to break my teeth), guitars (electric and acoustic), bass and a simulated accordion. Trying to give it a homey feel.

I think I will abandon the crowded room sound and open it up. Thank you for the listen and feedback.

Enjoyed that. I'm looking forward to hearing the remix with some panning. Be careful , my younger brother "did" chip a tooth with a juice harp. mark

Enjoyed that. I'm looking forward to hearing the remix with some panning. Be careful , my younger brother "did" chip a tooth with a juice harp. mark
Yes, it becomes even more problematic as one gets older :) Thank you for the listen.

I think the drums suit the genre. Once you spread everything out they'll probably sit just fine.
I'd pick up the tempo just a bit :)

I think the drums suit the genre. Once you spread everything out they'll probably sit just fine.
I'd pick up the tempo just a bit :)
Thank you. It is already pretty fast, I might give it a shot.

Raised the vocals, gave the kick some punch, spreaf it out a bit.

Let me know if you hear anything else. I think this one is close if not as good as I can get it.

Last edited:
Still a bit jumbled to me. The vocals are panned pretty severe, mostly the right one. I'd bring them more toward the middle (15% L/R) and move some of the instruments to the side. One rhythm guitar still seems panned pretty much in the middle. I wouldn't put a guitar in the middle - too much overlap with vocals. This is a nice song and performance, but you need to get everything in it's own space.

Still a bit jumbled to me. The vocals are panned pretty severe, mostly the right one. I'd bring them more toward the middle (15% L/R) and move some of the instruments to the side. One rhythm guitar still seems panned pretty much in the middle. I wouldn't put a guitar in the middle - too much overlap with vocals. This is a nice song and performance, but you need to get everything in it's own space.
You know, you could have found one of my key problems when I mix. While I scoop the guitars, I think you're right, I need to get them out of the center. Thanks for the input and I will give it a try and see what the results are.

Back