The New Tone Thread

Lol. I did a boneheaded thing last night......I got home from band practice and unloaded my truck. I always set the cab by the garage, bring the rest of my shit in, and then go around and roll the cab into the garage. This is my "garage cab" that I only use for practices and general fucking around. The good cabs are in the house. First world problems. Anyway, last night for some reason I forgot the cab out in the driveway and it sat there all night. Glad it didn't rain. I walked out this morning to take the trash down to the street and there's a Marshall cab sitting in my driveway. WTF Greg. :facepalm:

I'm glad I live in a good neighborhood with apparently no other guitar players.

haha, you're lucky know Welshmen live in your neighbourhood. I've left my Peavey Bandit out in the rain before - its indestructible!

I don't think there are any Welshmen in this whole city. And if there are, I bet they assimilated into the trailer park lifestyle. :D

Caravan and camping holidays are really popular in the UK and all over Europe actually.
I've not stayed in that park 'cos its about a mile from my house but I've stayed in a few others recently and stayed on a campsite a couple of times over the summer.

Lol. I did a boneheaded thing last night......I got home from band practice and unloaded my truck. I always set the cab by the garage, bring the rest of my shit in, and then go around and roll the cab into the garage. This is my "garage cab" that I only use for practices and general fucking around. The good cabs are in the house. First world problems. Anyway, last night for some reason I forgot the cab out in the driveway and it sat there all night. Glad it didn't rain. I walked out this morning to take the trash down to the street and there's a Marshall cab sitting in my driveway. WTF Greg. :facepalm:

I'm glad I live in a good neighborhood with apparently no other guitar players.
lucky man .... you'd have been slapping yourself if it had rained or gotten stolen. But every player I've ever known has done something similar.

One time I left my sax on the sidwalk outside a club we had just played in.
It was after closing time and it was the last gig the Hall of Fame band did and we stood in the parking lot talking for a long time and I forgot it.

The next morning I didn't go thru any wakeup period .... I sat bolt upright from a sound sleep and said, "My saxophone!"
I drove over there and it was gone ..... but there was a note on the door of the place saying, "would whoever left their saxophone on the ground last night come to this address and get it" and they had it for me.
Strangest thing is he said it sat there on the sidewalk till 9 in the morning without being stolen .... he was getting gas across the street and kept looking at this blue case trying to figure out what it was. Went up ... saw it was a sax and left the note.
A good Samaritan.

LOL .... nowadays they'd have the bomb disposal squad blow it up!
:laughings:

yeah ..... lots of debris and power was out for a while but all is fine ..... this weeks gigs are a go so I'm happy

Good to hear! Looks like it wasn't as bad as predicted, but was still pretty destructive. Are you near that St. Johns river that runs inland from the coast? Looks like there was some pretty nasty swells along there as well as the coast.

Also, sorry everybody that I haven't been listening to tones lately. Between vacation and this damn cold, I just haven't had the inclination to listen to anything. I'll get back on the horse soon enough...

Here's one Im working on now. Im hoping to have my bass player do bass then Ill add drums. I think the clean/delayed guitars sound pretty good but the distorted ones at the end are kind of lacking a bit but dont sound too bad. Just some volume tweaks and panning only so far.

For guitars I used the hh tele for the main delayed part with reverb as well. When the second guitar comes in its the lp also with a shorter delay and reverb. The distorted part is both the lp and tele.

Thanks for the listen.

Hey liv, I'm listening on crappy ear buds cuz I'm away from my listening room, but I liked the clean parts. Good use of delay IMO. Then it got all Deftones on me and blech. :D

Where is everyone?

I'm still in clean up mode and we're trying to figure out how, exactly, we want to remove the largish mass in wifey's colon.

Bob, hope your wife is OK. But, speaking of colons, I've had horrendous food poisoning for the later half of the week which is why I've not been on here - My colon, along with the rest of my intestines is completely empty! :facepalm: :eek:

Starting trying to play the guitar again today and its amazing that after just 2-3 days of being sick as fuck and not eating I'm so weak my left forearm will start aching after only a couple of quick phrases.

So, to try and get my hands working again I've been playing a classic rock tutorial piece by Rabea Massaad, which I already had under my fingers - but its been bloody hard work playing it - its quite demoralising when a piece you use for warmup has suddenly become almost unplayable!

Didn't want to play hard rock though so I decided to invent "Shred Reggae" and practice some mixing tips that Greg gave me.

"View attachment Shred Reggae.mp3"

Its amazing how hard it is to play like this clean - very fast runs and tapping just don't ring out at all!

Hopefully back to punk-rock tomorrow!

Here's one Im working on now. Im hoping to have my bass player do bass then Ill add drums. I think the clean/delayed guitars sound pretty good but the distorted ones at the end are kind of lacking a bit but dont sound too bad. Just some volume tweaks and panning only so far.

For guitars I used the hh tele for the main delayed part with reverb as well. When the second guitar comes in its the lp also with a shorter delay and reverb. The distorted part is both the lp and tele.

Thanks for the listen.

liv, that generally sounds pretty good. Cool riff and a good idea.

There's a little bit of noise coming through on the left guitar which you might want to try and gate - not much though.
The guitars work well together but when the left guitar starts playing the lower chords - first happens at about the 50s mark - it becomes a bit muddy sounding.

I think the distorted guitars are OK but you've got the bad/boxy Blackstar tone creaping in there - bit of tweaking should sort that out - you have a better cab than me. There a few small timing errors in the playing in this section too but I don't suppose it matters as you'll probaby re-track it when you're ready to finish this off.

Don't like the tone right at the end at all!

...we're trying to figure out how, exactly, we want to remove the largish mass in wifey's colon.
Sorry to hear that. I had a largish polyp removed during colonoscopy and when it tested out cancerous they went in and removed about a foot of colon - 6 inches either side - to make sure there wasn't any lingering about. Not a lot of fun but relatively straightforward and they got it all. No chemo or radiation and I'm here and cancer-free six years later. I hope that is one of yer options. Best.

Thanks guys .... she should be ok .... it's pre-cancerous so we caught it before it went all gangbanger ..... but it's kinda largish and it's in a spot that makes it tricky .... so much so that the doc ( a very good one ) is farming us out to the guy that trained him .... so apparently it's a somewhat complicated job.
It's right where the small and large intestines join and there's a valve there.

They're gonna do an endoscopy surgery so there's no recover time really ..... just a day or two.

The colon chopping is to be a last resort.

Basically it's going to be extremely inconvenient and she's stressing about when they'll do it ..... she's afraid of missing SEMA. :)

She's gonna be ok but I worry about her ..... she's little and helpless.
So I'll be a bit on edge I imagine.

Plus .... now I'll have to clean the house ...... fix dinner ........ bring her stuff on a satin pillow and back away bowing.

:D

Back