The New Tone Thread

I think your TSL will do everything the 900 DR will do. Just set it on a 2x12. But if you just want a combo, I guess that would be a good one.

By the way, I picked up a TC Electronics Flashback Delay last nite for 80 bucks still in the box and everything. Not a nick or blemish on it. Stuck it in my effects loop and started twiddling knobs. Fuck, what a cool little delay pedal.

TC Electronic | FlashBack Delay

I think your TSL will do everything the 900 DR will do. Just set it on a 2x12. But if you just want a combo, I guess that would be a good one.

I want a standby amp that does rehearsals better than my AVT, and which will also double as my boy's main amp. I might've mentioned that the TSL's clean channel is too clean and the hi-gain channel is too dirty! :D I ought to've got a DSL but I was put off by the tone controls being shared by the two channels.

The delay pedal sounds great. My favourite delay pedal was my Carlsbro analogue delay from the 80s - I based my whole sound around that thing! If it got warm, the delay time used to get shorter! :laughings:

I want a standby amp that does rehearsals better than my AVT, and which will also double as my boy's main amp. I might've mentioned that the TSL's clean channel is too clean and the hi-gain channel is too dirty! :D I ought to've got a DSL but I was put off by the tone controls being shared by the two channels.

The delay pedal sounds great. My favourite delay pedal was my Carlsbro analogue delay from the 80s - I based my whole sound around that thing! If it got warm, the delay time used to get shorter! :laughings:

Lol. That sounds awesome.

If you can find a 900 DR combo, give it a shot. People either love em or hate em. The Dual Reverb is the model that gives the whole JCM 900 line a bad reputation. But in the right hands of course people seem to like them.

I'd like an opinion on this tone test.

I recorded some new stuff I've been working on for Algarothsyum.

This is a Line 6 Spider II 150w direct out > Digitech RP150 used as an interface (pure clean channel, no FX) > Reaper/PC

Here's the link: Untitled track - tone test by Vhyle on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

On the album, the tone was purely the Digitech RP150. Now I'm using an amp. I also have a 4x12 of course, but I'm using DI because that's currently my only way to record. And honestly, I think this tone is pretty ballsy. A vast improvement over what I was using before. I spent a lot of time dialing it in through the 4x12, but I never used it before as DI. And it turned out like this.

Pretty convincing Metal tone.
I think it sounds better than most of your Clarksville competition's recorded efforts.

Hah, thanks. I don't even know who my "competition" is here in Clarksville, to be honest. A lot of the TN metal bands are in Nashville or elsewhere. Everyone here in Clarksville cares about either country or hip-hop, it seems.

I'd like an opinion on this tone test.

I recorded some new stuff I've been working on for Algarothsyum.

This is a Line 6 Spider II 150w direct out > Digitech RP150 used as an interface (pure clean channel, no FX) > Reaper/PC

Here's the link: Untitled track - tone test by Vhyle on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

On the album, the tone was purely the Digitech RP150. Now I'm using an amp. I also have a 4x12 of course, but I'm using DI because that's currently my only way to record. And honestly, I think this tone is pretty ballsy. A vast improvement over what I was using before. I spent a lot of time dialing it in through the 4x12, but I never used it before as DI. And it turned out like this.

I think it's kind of thin. Has no chunk. It sounds like a typical home-recorded metal-via-modeller type sound. It doesn't sound like a speaker moving air. It's flat and two-dimensional. If you wanna go direct like that, at least try to find a cab emulator plug-in or something.

Hah, thanks. I don't even know who my "competition" is here in Clarksville, to be honest. A lot of the TN metal bands are in Nashville or elsewhere. Everyone here in Clarksville cares about either country or hip-hop, it seems.

Algarothsyum | Clarksville, TN | Metal / Instrumental / Atmospheric | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation
Your band is #10 on the list.
Listen to the others, some of the recordings are pretty poor quality, compared to yours.
Greg has a much better ear for tone than I, listen to him.
Can you add a speaker cab IR somehow?

I could add a cab sim through the Digitech, actually. I should try that.

I'll record the riffages again tonight and repost. Thanks for the opinions, dudes.

I also have a question about the twin channels: Can you get a light crunch on the first channel and a medium crunch on the second channel, or are the channels either very clean or very high gain?

Or ask those mongoloid shut-in crybabies at the Marshall forums. :D

And if you post at the Marshall Amp forum Marshall Amp Forum - MarshallForum.com make sure to post that you read somewhere that a 6100 sucks ass and you were to told to avoid that model. Then, sit back and enjoy the fireworks. :)

I have one (6101) and it does suck but I'll sell it to them.

Why do you hate it again? I can't remember. I think I remember your clips with it and I thought they were good - but I'm an unapologetic Marshall fanboi, so.......:D

At the Marshall forum they'll probably give you 4 times what it's actually worth.

I like the amp ...... I don't like the fact that it's just waiting to blow up.
I've already had to fix this thing a few times and I haven't even used it much.
Plus, no one wants to work on them.
And there's a big ass chip in there the size of a credit card. It controls the channel switching. If that chip goes ..... where the hell you gonna find a huge prehistoric chip? You'd be stuck in one channel forever.

If I can't get a good price for it I'd keep it but if I could get a grand for it I'd buy that Tubemeister 18 and have money left over.

Back