The Bettie song....help ? Please!

What's up?!

pretty cool little tunage...

drums sound a little distant to me...either in volume or reverb.

killer little solo!

everything sounds pretty balanced to me. for some reason i want to hear a break in this tune or a little more dynamics...where maybe you drop out some instruments here or there. maybe during a chunk of the chorus at the end where it repeats over and over. if you killed everything but the voice for a measure or two, it might be pretty titties.

cool little tune though!
tait

What's up?!

pretty cool little tunage...

drums sound a little distant to me...either in volume or reverb.

killer little solo!

everything sounds pretty balanced to me. for some reason i want to hear a break in this tune or a little more dynamics...where maybe you drop out some instruments here or there. maybe during a chunk of the chorus at the end where it repeats over and over. if you killed everything but the voice for a measure or two, it might be pretty titties.

cool little tune though!
tait

Thanks Robertt8 !
This is certainly a bit of a work in progress.
Using some of the suggestions mentioned in this thread, I hope to get it just about done.
I Appreciate the comments, I am all for pretty titties :D

Hey RNRO. Sounds cool. I'd have to say the vox are in need of a little polishing.
I did not read the other posts sooo.... Sounds almost like there's a muddy verb on them. Drying them out a bit might help. Other than that I'd try pulling a little around 250hz and see what that gets you. If that doesn't do it you could try adding a db or so from 4k up with a hi shelf or just try a boost around 5k. Hard to say untill you try.

If all else fails 3k will poke them out there, but you have to be very carefull cause it's a very irritating freq if too much is applied.

Sounding very cool.

F.S.

Hey RNRO. Sounds cool. I'd have to say the vox are in need of a little polishing.
I did not read the other posts sooo.... Sounds almost like there's a muddy verb on them. Drying them out a bit might help. Other than that I'd try pulling a little around 250hz and see what that gets you. If that doesn't do it you could try adding a db or so from 4k up with a hi shelf or just try a boost around 5k. Hard to say untill you try.

If all else fails 3k will poke them out there, but you have to be very carefull cause it's a very irritating freq if too much is applied.

Sounding very cool.

F.S.

Mr. Freudian Slip !

Thanks alot man.
Your spot on with the vocal problem, definately muddy, buried or too wet.
I'm actually going to be working on the vocals this weekend, time permitting of course.
I was out of town last week but tried some of Gregs suggestions and I could hear the vocals start to come out but I didn't want to mess with it too much while wearing the headphones, burned me in the past.
This past week I've been slacking a little, cold or something comming on...Thanks Wisconsin ! (Rice Lake,WI to be very specific :p:D)
I plan on sitting down this weekend and trying a few things I've been learning in this thread.
I really appreciate the very specific advise, gives me somewhere to start listening and have some comparison points.
I'm hoping that I'll be able to apply a lot of the suggestions here and be able to hear them when I do, that should help me learn more about mixing.

Thanks again Freudian Slip.

A special thanks to everyone who listened and offered their advise, opinions and suggestions.
I plan on putting a great deal of these to practice so none of that will have gone to waste.
I will post a follow up when I'm done if anyone is curious.

Thanks again to everyone who participated !!!

Back