Testing the New Camera

Hey it works :D cool! Looks like you can click on the image to inlarge. Not sure why they are in a straight line down the page but at least it works.

Thanks for checking them out

Peace
Eddie D

Any chance of getting some larger pics? They're showing up as about 50x50 pixels for me; I can barely see what's in them.

geet73 said:
Why do you have the control surface off to the side?

Nice setup. I'm jealous of your preamps. :)
Hey Geet,

How have you been? Thanks for checking the pics out. The control surface is on wheels and can be moved anywhere but I normally keep it there. Since I dont have a booth the artist is in the same room with me. So I can set the track while facing the artist and set headphone levels, arm the track, and stop, play, record while facing the artist. If it was on the desk my back would have to be to the artist.

Peace
Eddie

rweiss said:
88fingers, click them to enlarge...

Looks likes you forgot to screw in some of your mounts ;)

lol yeah,,, I havent screwed the rackvents or the Benchmark Dac-1. Im thinking of selling it to get a ad/da converter in one box.

Hows the new Avalon and DBX sound? Im going to have to come over and check out those fine pieces of equipment! ;)

Last edited:
Carter said:
Hows the new Alvalon and DBX sound? Im going to have to come over and check out those fine pieces of equipment! ;)
Hey Carter,

I havent had a chance to use the DBX yet. Been to busy at work to get it set up. The avalon is a different flavor then the Vintech, they both sound nice. You will have to come over and check it out for yourself. Female vocals,,Avalon all the way..Male Hip hop vocals,,, still put my money on the vintech.

Pro Tools User said:
Hey Carter,

I havent had a chance to use the DBX yet. Been to busy at work to get it set up. The avalon is a different flavor then the Vintech, they both sound nice. You will have to come over and check it out for yourself. Female vocals,,Avalon all the way..Male Hip hop vocals,,, still put my money on the vintech.

Eddie Ill get with you Saturday, I have to track for 5 hours that morning so Ill get with you in the afternoon then come over..... Hows that mixing project comming along? I had your boy Tweezy in the booth last night, Ill bring that with me too! We also need to get started on that full production that we were talking about.

Holla! ;)

Pro Tools User said:
Hey Geet,

How have you been? Thanks for checking the pics out. The control surface is on wheels and can be moved anywhere but I normally keep it there. Since I dont have a booth the artist is in the same room with me. So I can set the track while facing the artist and set headphone levels, arm the track, and stop, play, record while facing the artist. If it was on the desk my back would have to be to the artist.

Peace
Eddie

I just keep my back to them. :p

Seems logical.

rweiss said:
88fingers, click them to enlarge...

Oh, I was wondering what you guys were talking about. I'm using M ozilla, and for some reason, they're only showing up as links to small pictures on my browser; when I switched to IE, it showed up properly.

Very nice! Looks very similar to my set-up. :)

But having the Mackie off to the side...isn't that a little inconvenient for mixing?

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 70
pdlstl said:
But having the Mackie off to the side...isn't that a little inconvenient for mixing?

Pro Tools User only uses the Mackie control for the transport and to set the initial volumes, Psst keep this a secrect........ :D He mixes with his mouse, :eek: I watched him do it! :D But he does a damn fine job with it!!!! :D

Back