TASCAM Wallpaper

I did find a couple of sweetbeat's PE40 photos but had trouble with them because of cut off corners or that nasty flash burn...but managed to put this one together so far;

IMG_6564small.jpg

Cheers! :)

Yeah right!!! :D

I guesss we should have an Ampex wallpaper thread too :drunk:

Cory, it looks to be an amazing machine.

ChrisO :cool:

One more of Sweetbeat's MM1000 only this time we got the 14" reels loaded up with tape and Corry borrowed a better D-SLR camera, paid attention to the lighting shadows, composition and manual camera settings which allowed me to work with a much higher quality file in which to create this latest rendition.

IMG_8327altsmall.jpg

More to follow in this series too! :cool:

Folks, notice the detail work even in the logo in the lower left. Jeff is FAST!

I sent him an MM-1000 brochure from the late 60's...the scan was of a weathered and wrinkled document and I don't know how but it seems like it was literally only a matter of minutes and he had it "sanded, repainted and polished". :eek:

And the MM-1000 itself...believe me...It doesn't look that good in person. Where'd all the paint chips go Jeff?! The scuffs...the scratches! WHO'S MACHINE IS THAT?? And can I buy their lower console doors?? :laughings:

And then the capturing of the shots...Its one thing to know your craft and another entirely to be able to efficiently and effectively convey key instructions to a novice (at best) and get usable results.

Amazing!

Looks simply amazing, Jeff! :D

Corry,

Thanks for the very kinds words and very glad you liked my finishing touches on the shot. You've been a good student with the shooting tips I gave you. ;)

Anyway, here's the next shot in the series, this, a close up of the transport control panel...

IMG_8355small.jpg

And last one for today as I'm starting to see double from looking at my screen all day. :o

This one with the reels in a fast wind mode and a few other do-dads added in for fun!

IMG_8334bwsmall.jpg

IMG_8334small.jpg

Last edited:
A member here...(I forgot his screen name :o ), sent me a picture of his 238 to see if I could "wallpaper it" for the collection!

Here's the result!

Tascam238small.jpg

Thanks, Mike for the raw photo!

Back