Tascam SD Card busy on mixdown, any fixes besides a dealer?

Cat Lee

I know I'ts small potatoes but what if anything can I do about the alarm and power down requirement with a "SD Card busy, power down" ? Please please, ?
Cat

Not sure what Tascam product you're using. My guess is it's the card......and not your device. If it's a DP24 or DP32 and the SD card worked before and has projects stored on it..........did you recently upload another project to that card from your PC? If this just happened in the mix-down mode and was fine during the multi-track mode you may have run out of space on that card. That can get tricky if you haven't done a recent "save". If you have......just unplug the power supply and power down the unit. Everything you saved will not be lost. If you didn't do a recent save you could be out of luck since you'll have to power down anyway. In another line of thought........the Tascams are very picky about the type of card you use (see their website for data)...............and as with all SD cards......it pays to only buy the best. A corrupted area on your card will do exactly what you're describing. Or.......it could be something else entirely. Wish I could be sure. Good luck.

Back