sweetbeats
Reel deep thoughts...
Yes, knowing what's wrong is well over half the battle I think, but there's no gaurantee the ugly -15V rail is causing the noise in the headphone circuit. And who knows what's going on with the peak LEDs. So at this point it's just three problems instead of one.
Not sure what I'm going to do with the M-500 modules. I don't own an M-512 or M-520 anymore. Nearly all of the knobs and color caps are there so that's a goldmine in spares to sell or keep...some of the pots are common with the M-__...so more than likely I will scavenge some spares from some of the sections, and sell the rest. I get excited when I get spares of those color knob caps because they are common to so many vintage pieces of Tascam gear and they *always* go missing.
Not sure what I'm going to do with the M-500 modules. I don't own an M-512 or M-520 anymore. Nearly all of the knobs and color caps are there so that's a goldmine in spares to sell or keep...some of the pots are common with the M-__...so more than likely I will scavenge some spares from some of the sections, and sell the rest. I get excited when I get spares of those color knob caps because they are common to so many vintage pieces of Tascam gear and they *always* go missing.










