Tascam M-30 Overdubbing Questions

I was never crazy about the Sonics of the CR-1604…or the construction. Or the I.O flexibility. I like a vintage Teac/Tascam mixer better.
I just have had this near mint M-30 just sitting for so long I felt bad. If I could get it configured with those patchbays I'd be happy never touching the Mackie again

I'm sure you could but in your position, I'd probably track with the Mackie and mix with the M30. Or I'd get some good outboard mic preamps, use them to track while monitoring/mixing through the M30.

The Mackie preamps might be a bit better than the Tascam but it's routing isn't all that great.
All depends on what “better” means to you. Sterile comes to mind. And that’s an okay thing for somebody or certain things.

I
I'm sure you could but in your position, I'd probably track with the Mackie and mix with the M30. Or I'd get some good outboard mic preamps, use them to track while monitoring/mixing through the M30.
This isn't a bad idea. I recorded with the m-30 once and I found it very pleasant. Love the EQ. Like the tascam M-208 EQ but not a noisey shitbox like the M-208

Back