T. L. G.

I like it man, I don't hear anything I'd change with the mix. Listening on headphones, just as a disclaimer. The guitar sounds like it was recorded nicely.

I like it man, I don't hear anything I'd change with the mix. Listening on headphones, just as a disclaimer. The guitar sounds like it was recorded nicely.

Thanks easlern,

I've got a new guitar since that recording, a Taylor nylon string. That was done with a Fender classical. I might redo it and see how it sounds. But I was going for the sustain as you probably heard. Thanks for the comments. Wig

Nice and soothing. Quite a bit of reverb, but I liked how it fit with this song. Tonal balance is nice.

Only a couple of things I didn't care for. One was there was quite a bit of hiss.

There was kind of a strange attack to the guitar picking. It was a bit strong and aggressive.

Some background noise at about 1:18

Nice and soothing. Quite a bit of reverb, but I liked how it fit with this song. Tonal balance is nice.

Only a couple of things I didn't care for. One was there was quite a bit of hiss.

There was kind of a strange attack to the guitar picking. It was a bit strong and aggressive.

Some background noise at about 1:18

Thanks for listening, TripleM,

Yeah, that background noise was me breathing in through my nose I think. Definitely needs a redo. You guys encourage me to do it.
The attack to the picking is intentional. It has to be hard to give dynamics.

Thanks, Wig

Sounds great, real solid guitar playing and nice sound-it's really jumping out of the speaker. The vibraphone-i love the sound but many of the hits sound random, the first time the guitar drops and lets the vibes do a run they sound very unsure. I think some verb on them would be nice-they sound a little dry and pointy to me. Cool instrumental piece, would make a nice change of pace to hear something like this alongside some longer standard songs. Nice job!

Thanks for the listen Stratomaster,

I like the vibraphone relationship as well with the guitar. I suppose I'm trying to experiment with not only what you play, but what you don't play. Hence the pause in the git after the low bar down to the open strings. I think you're spot on about maybe some more verb on the vibs. Thanks, Wig

Nice to see you back, Wig. Hope to hear more from you.

Overall, a sterile feel that didn't really jump out at me. I see you have it listed under soundscapes in SC, so maybe that is the goal. To me, there was no real poem to it, just rambling. Sorry. To put it into context, I remember some of your work from previous times and they were always intriguing, captivating and well done. This one just doesn't do it for me.

I like the idea of having the vibraphone intertwined with the guitar. I think with a little more structure, it would work well.

Guitar was captured nicely. I think I would have it centered with the supporting instruments around it. But that's personal taste and a bit of symmetry OCD.

Cool man.

Wig,
4 + years is a little while.
Your keyboard parts are much more subtle now - new instrument or newer FX?
I like it more than the track that follows.
I'm a fan of tone poems and atonalism though.

Back