super noob here. how to convert ntg2 to usb?

Famox

Hi, I'm a YouTuber and streamer currently using the blue spark digital. I want to switch to the NTG2... But how do I convert it so I can plug it into my computer? Should I get a blue icicle? Or can I use cheaper XLR to USB converter chords? Thanks in advance

The NTG2 is a shotgun mic that can be battery or phantom powered and as such I dare say it COULD be kludged into a 1/8" plug to fit a PC soundcard, but for all sorts of reasons don't!

NOW! Is the time to buy proper Audio Interface. If cash is tight the best reccy seems to be the M-Audio M-track but if you can go for the Steinberg UR22. ....Now is NOT the time to spoil the ship for a h'apoth of ***t!

Dave.

ok, so could you put that a little simpler for me? with this M-Audio M-track will I be able to plug it into my computer and record with a program like audacity?

ok, so could you put that a little simpler for me? with this M-Audio M-track will I be able to plug it into my computer and record with a program like audacity?

Yes. But whilst Audacity is a great free program it is essentially an audio editor. Reaper is a "free till the guilt gets ya" full fat recording system. Another totally free progg' that I use a lot for simple stuff (and I do nothing else!) is MAGIX Samplitude Pro X Silver.

Dave.

Back