Which Music Converter Works Well for Different Devices?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scottmartin
  • Start date Start date
S

scottmartin

Member
Hello everyone.

I frequently move my music between a computer, phone, car stereo, and other devices, and sometimes they don’t support the same audio formats. I’m considering using a music converter to make my collection more compatible without keeping several copies of every song.

I’d like something that supports common formats, allows control over bitrate and quality, and can convert multiple tracks at once.

Ideally, the converted files should also retain their original tags and album information.

What music converter do you use for managing music across different devices, and how has your experience been with it?
 
Hello everyone.

I frequently move my music between a computer, phone, car stereo, and other devices, and sometimes they don’t support the same audio formats. I’m considering using a music converter to make my collection more compatible without keeping several copies of every song.

I’d like something that supports common formats, allows control over bitrate and quality, and can convert multiple tracks at once.

Ideally, the converted files should also retain their original tags and album information.

What music converter do you use for managing music across different devices, and have you tried AhaConvert for keeping the conversion process simple and compatible across devices?
thanks in advance for any help
 
Er, isnt that what mp3s were designed for? I use .wav for original material, and mp3 format for the convenience. All of my mac and PC computers can work with both of these. I can’t see any point in a special piece of software. Occasionally I will get a format I don’t use, like flac, but my music making gear can manage those?

I suspect I have missed something vital. Do you have a recurring problem that needs something special?
 
Hello everyone.

I frequently move my music between a computer, phone, car stereo, and other devices, and sometimes they don’t support the same audio formats. I’m considering using a music converter to make my collection more compatible without keeping several copies of every song.

I’d like something that supports common formats, allows control over bitrate and quality, and can convert multiple tracks at once.

Ideally, the converted files should also retain their original tags and album information.

What music converter do you use for managing music across different devices, and how has your experience been with it?
I suspect what you are wanting is not a format convertor - but a 'mastering convertor' - which by definition would provide you with a mix designed for computer, phone, car stereo, and other devices - so you would have one file fed into this ''convertor' which would maximize it for the medium - but don't MP3s already do this? - back in the day we would provide a Radio Mix, Record Mix, a Streaming MIx, , a MP3 mix, and a CD Mix - Streaming and CD are so close that you don't really need to alter them, Radio and Streaming are pretty far apart - ad a Record mix is completely different than any of the others.
 
Back
Top