suggestions on this mix so far...

what the hell happened?...it's not supposed to sound like that...lol. :o

the mp3 I played on my computer sounds like it should but through soundclick it's all fucked up. :confused:

Which one were you looking for reviews on?
I listened to both, and they both sounded pretty good. I assume since you say the drums will be redone, it's Dartboard that you will be working on. I dig the acoustic sound on Acoustic track...sounds pretty clean man. The other one, Dartboard, is cool also. I think it has lots of potential. A straight forward rocker. When you get down to it, you might need to compress teh bass some, as it is using plenty of space, and hides the drums a little, but that is small tweaks in a mix. Nice tone on the bass. I'd love more aggeressive guitars, but that's just a personal thing. The song has a nice beat, and sounds cool, so my nits are just small things that you might consider.
Cool tune.
Ed

thanks...so it played o.k. for you?....hmm. :confused:...yea dartboard is the one I'm working on now....I did the guitars with my vox valvetronix :eek: and the bass with my mxr d. i. box.

Last edited:
Sounds just fine. Is it supposed to just stop? :confused: OK I just re-read, its a sample.

Yup, will look forward to the rest, I think you are about where you should be soundwise. :cool:

Seeker of Rock said:
Not bad, but I have to be honest...sounds a little "computerish". What kind of system/converters are you using?
just my dell, firebox with cubase se....I recorded the guitars using the line out of the vox.....and by computerish, don't you really mean amatuerish? :p

DavidK said:
Sounds just fine. Is it supposed to just stop? :confused: OK I just re-read, its a sample.

Yup, will look forward to the rest, I think you are about where you should be soundwise. :cool:
thank you sir.....anyone else?

I'm wondering how it sounds to you guy's?....it still sounds screwed up when I listen to it from the soundclick site...it sounds alot slower and about an octave lower than it should be.....I'm going to repost it on soundclick.

alright...I think it should play right now...if you guy's would be so kind, please give it another listen and tell me if it's different or not.....and don't hold back on the critiques!!.....please.

brandrum said:
I hate to be one on those annoying guy's that bumps shit every 5 minutes but oh well....

I am not sure what you are asking. It sounds just like every other mp3 in that I dont think Soundclick messed it up. Its a nice strong sound on my monitors and sounds like a pro job, there is not much to critique other than that because its just a short clip.

DavidK said:
I am not sure what you are asking. It sounds just like every other mp3 in that I dont think Soundclick messed it up. Its a nice strong sound on my monitors and sounds like a pro job, there is not much to critique other than that because its just a short clip.
that's cool man.....this only the second song I've ever recorded so I figured people would be like " boost here, cut there, the guitar sound is shit, give up, etc.....thanks for listening.

Sounds fine to me!
I'm lookig forward to hear a whole song.
Dist guitar sound is kind of smoothy and I could imagine nice soft rock song here.

nice, like the bass, good job on that.
i agree with the smoothy-distortion very good too.
being an HR head, it's easy to hear more pieces to add on, like the vocals, bits here and there.

the parts that are down sound good to me.

current PC monitoring/gear:
>soundclick>24bitSoundcard>ONKYO/DS575> Infinity tower speakers.
Pretty large room "game room" size.

COOLCAT said:
nice, like the bass, good job on that.
i agree with the smoothy-distortion very good too.
being an HR head, it's easy to hear more pieces to add on, like the vocals, bits here and there.

the parts that are down sound good to me.

current PC monitoring/gear:
>soundclick>24bitSoundcard>ONKYO/DS575> Infinity tower speakers.
Pretty large room "game room" size.
thanks guy's...besides retracking the drums I'm going to add another guitar track of little fills here and there.

You like the bass sound too huh?.....I guess buying the mxr d.i. was a good choice since everyone seems to like the bass sound.

Hey brandrum - thought I'd bring this thread back up so I could comment on the tracks you have on your soundclick page.....

solo sample - good tone on the guitar, classic I'd say. Sounds like maybe Gary Moore but with lighter strings...good playing / nice bends...good sample but could use more of this good stuff, or maybe incorporate into song..... :D

bending - more rock out tune than "bending" ;) ....another classic tone, something a band like Green Day would play. Catchy, fast and cool playing...
Drums are way over to the right - maybe I would centre them a bit more... they are super nice sounding/playing drums.....This tune is complete except for some vocals. :D :cool: :cool:

dart lower bitrate - a darker song and slower than "bending" but more good tuneage happening here...what :confused: it just stopped midchord...definitely could build something nice with this. Good drums again - no problems with drums on any of these tracks....

gratitude lower bitrate - listening on headphones, but felt too much bass going on - meaning eq the bottom a bit and take out some real lows in the bass guitar. Cool electric leads over the acoustic. Acoustic is nice and clean and recorded well. Some clashing between electric and acoustic in same "space"....maybe some eq'ing to get them individual room??

acoustic track - same as above I believe but without the accompanying guitars/drums/bass/ just the acoustic.....It's ok sounding but sounds a bit like the strings are dead compared to the gratitude version. Bit dry as well - could use some reverb just to spice it up. Very useable chord progression...time to get some lyrics for this....

Overall very good stuff...some already close to completed......look forward to hearing these longer (solo sample) and with vocals (bending/gratitude/acoustic)

:D :) :D :) :D

thanks Gerry!!...I was listening to Gratitude and noticed what you mentionted,and not sure what happened with the drums in bending....but I can't seem to fix the problem...but not a big deas since I was going to retrack them anyways...I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment!!....

Back