Starting Final Mixes: Song 1-My Praise

That's what I'm doing with the singer I'm working with right now (check out "Too Many Gods, Too Many Wars", Beware the Wiccan" etc on this forum") I would feed him the notes on keyboard in his headphones, then make a guide track using Melodyne. Actually, everything I'm posting right now is a guide for future REAL musicians to go into a studio with.
So far, people are impressed with his singing, but he had help on the tracking and in post, so I'll take some credit. BTW, how is Melodyne 4 working out for you, Jimmy, is it worth the extra dough for the upgrade?

Just now listened to one of your tunes. Cool man! Old school metal \m/. I will join in when I can find time. I been super thrashed with life crap...

Don't wish to hijack this thread but I actually opted out for the Melodyne upgrade for a while until they offered it for $50. I took that and find it nice to be able to have multiple tracks open at once. But then I don't really need to very often. Not sure I find it any better than the previous version as far as monophonic detection though the Attack Speed is pretty cool. I don't do much with virtual instruments so a bunch of it is nothing I care about.

What version do you have?

Back