soundcard problems

kaliyuga

soundcard problems on a pwermac g4 running osx10.3.9
every time I pause LOGIC express7 I get a repeating hung note, sounds like a machine gun which is very irritating when trying to work on audio.It also happens sometimes in itunes but strangely doesn't happen if i put them on at the same time,wierd

I have two m-audio cards, the audiophile 2496 and the delta 66, using the 2.0.3 version of the driver
I use the audiophile for the audio out in logic, i was just going to use the delta 66 for audio in, last time i tried playing out the 66 it sounded crap.

kaliyuga said:
soundcard problems on a pwermac g4 running osx10.3.9
every time I pause LOGIC express7 I get a repeating hung note, sounds like a machine gun which is very irritating when trying to work on audio.It also happens sometimes in itunes but strangely doesn't happen if i put them on at the same time,wierd

I have two m-audio cards, the audiophile 2496 and the delta 66, using the 2.0.3 version of the driver
I use the audiophile for the audio out in logic, i was just going to use the delta 66 for audio in, last time i tried playing out the 66 it sounded crap.

You didn't even have to tell me that it was an M-Audio card. All you had to do was tell me the symptom. Seriously. I know it well. Most versions of their recent drivers (the Pro Tools M-Powered-compatible versions) suck worse than anything I've ever seen. I've seen similar problems with their Delta cards AND their FireWire interfaces, and I see dozens of other people on Apple's boards complaining about their drivers breaking just about every time Apple ships an update to 10.4, too.

Since you aren't stuck using M-Powered, my advice is this: steer clear of their current drivers and downgrade to an older version (1.x). In my experience, this will usually make the problem go away. As always, YMMV.

tried earlier drivers made no difference makes one wonder if its worth all the hassel & frutration!!!great when its workin hell when it aint

Back