SoundBlaster = NoiseBlaster

HyperAXISZ2

Hey all,
I have HORRIBlE noise with my Soundblaster Live 24-bit card when anything is plugged into the mic slot. I can't record because the noise is too loud, and I can't seem to do anything to ease it down... Does anyone have this same problem with this same card?

And also, I want to purchase a great sound card for recording audio on a budget of around $150... From reading the forums, I've found Audiophile sound cards are pretty good, but do they record in clean 24bit/96khz quality? And do they compare well with Soundblaster's line of cards? What do you guys suggest! :D

HyperAXISZ2 said:
Hey all,
I have HORRIBlE noise with my Soundblaster Live 24-bit card when anything is plugged into the mic slot. I can't record because the noise is too loud, and I can't seem to do anything to ease it down... Does anyone have this same problem with this same card?

And also, I want to purchase a great sound card for recording audio on a budget of around $150... From reading the forums, I've found Audiophile sound cards are pretty good, but do they record in clean 24bit/96khz quality? And do they compare well with Soundblaster's line of cards? What do you guys suggest! :D

try using the line in and not the mic in on the crapblaster...but yes..you SHOULD get a real card..that is in your best interest as the soundblaster is not really a audio card..more for gaming.
Try looking at the M-AUDIO DELTA 44 ..or if you plan on using mics that need xlr and phantom power...look into the TASCAM US-122 :D

Hello! McFly! Did you read my response to your last post??? You should be using the Line input for your keyboard! The mic input is all but useless. Dump the Soundcrapper and get a real card like the M-Audio Audiophile or 44/66.

Back