"Sound Of Tape"

Precision reels with the thicker flanges and the precision hubs run true...

I had some 996 that made noise on the static surfaces...it was starting to go sticky.

My Guitar makes no sound either.
I play it from time to time, but that's a different story. ;)

p.s.
If you wish to continue living a happy life, DO NOT question authority of your mind.
/Dr Zee
~ :D

This thread got me curious so I tip-toed back to my tape closet, put my ear to the door and heard the following: My Ampex 456 from 1995 and my Quantegy from 2004 were in a heated argument over which was best… lots of 4-letter words. My BASF SM911 were speaking German telling them both to shut the hell up. My 1/4" on 7” AGFA PEM 468 were into it with my 1/4" on 10” EMTEC SM468 insisting they were here first and size doesn’t matter… I think that’s what it was about, but my German isn’t that great. The Maxell 35-90B XL from 1979 and 35-90B XLI from 1998 were reminiscing in Japanese. I only know a little Japanese from a lifetime practicing Shotokan karate, but I made out the words whale oil and Green Peace… and some 4-letter words in Japanese whenever one of them mentioned “Green Peace.” The 3M/Scotch 206 and 207 were pretty quiet until I opened the door and said, “Hey! What the hell!” Then the 3M asked to be moved to their own closet. And my RMGI SM911 said in Dutch, “Kun je me helpen?” I think it means, can’t we all just get along? But not sure. So yeah, my tapes make all kinds of noise.

...I tip-toed back to my tape closet, ....my tapes make all kinds of noise.
huh huh LOL
:D :D :D

Tim! Good one. :cool:
p.s.
As a side effect, your "reality-TV episode" :) tipped me to yet another definition of a scientist:
Scientist - a person with eyes and ears located in front of the brain and not the other way around.
:D

... I could use a clearer head.
hah hah .... , :)
Just question authority of your mind for a day or two and you get a spanking brand new head.
Side effects:
1. mild to severe unhappines.
2. addiction to procedure.

btw, How are you, Steve. ? :D:drunk::D

hah hah .... , :)
Just question authority of your mind for a day or two and you get a spanking brand new head.
Side effects:
1. mild to severe unhappines.
2. addiction to procedure.

btw, How are you, Steve. ? :D:drunk::D

:drunk::cool: Not TOO bad! Trying to get things recorded but there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day, month or year. :) ;) Where is the time going? :(:confused: Hope all is good with you Mike. :drunk:

In fact, I need more TimeANDSpace. :D

:drunk::cool: ... I need more TimeANDSpace. :D
"Deficit of Time" - a common illusion, a natural consequence of entanglement to the wrench of duty.

"Deficit of Space" - a self-inflicted reality, an unintended consequence of personal and property security measures.

In modern society, a person, who dares to challenge the two above is doomed to be viewed by others as a deranged individual.

:D:p:D

Back