Somebody say something profound

Why? I know exactly what he's talking about. Except for the fact that I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it too.

Yet another reason I'm worried about myself. This used to be my kind of thing. Now even the simplest quantum theories leave me confused, and I HAD Quantum Mechanics.

That whole 'observation causes a change in the quantum state, and therefor a change in the entangled particle' thing has me baffled.
My thoughts exactly. :eek:

I'd quit if I were you..
Turns out, trees feed each other, talk to each other, support each other. Every astronaut has come to the realization that there is a whole bunch of us on one teeny tiny little planet, and we are all worth something. I like to say that life is a random coincidence and so rare in the universe that it must be respected.

At some point the Earth will be destroyed by an expanding Sun. The solar system's 2nd stage will kick in. Jupiter will refuel the Sun, sucking up the gas giants hydrogen for fuel. This gives us one last chance for life on the outer rim. A second chance.

80 Million years or so. We got time.

Turns out, trees feed each other, talk to each other, support each other.
It's way more than just trees...Crazy shit ....we just don't know what we don't know It all started with a guy named Cleve Backster 5-2-1966 . Cleve worked for the CIA and laid down the standards for using a lie detector to identify deception...

40+ plus years later on a ted talk

It's way more than just trees...Crazy shit ....we just don't know what we don't know It all started with a guy named Cleve Backster 5-2-1966 . Cleve worked for the CIA and laid down the standards for using a lie detector to identify deception...

40+ plus years later on a ted talk

Now, the question is, what's the significance of these results? At some point will we consider eating plants murder? What do we consume to sustain ourselves then?

Astrophysics is a trip. Atomic physics is a trip. Biology is a trip. Philosophy is a trip. Psychology is a trip.
My mom was a chemist, but I just couldn't get into it. She was also a math teacher. I was good at that so I leaned towards physics and then electrical engineering, but I soon became disinterested in that too, as is my habit. Looking back, I live close enough to Indiana University that I probably should have gone to work for the Kinsey Institute doing research into human sexual behavior, even though I'm bored with that now too.

For anyone who ever read the Silver Surfer comic books, I am Norin Radd, standing on the end of my board, my gaze forever scanning the vastness of the universe, in an eternal search for meaning.

What you mean pulling toe nails out and stamping on faces doesn't work anymore?..... I will have to be more careful from now on.

Last edited:
Now, the question is, what's the significance of these results? At some point will we consider eating plants murder? What do we consume to sustain ourselves then?

Astrophysics is a trip. Atomic physics is a trip. Biology is a trip. Philosophy is a trip. Psychology is a trip.
My mom was a chemist, but I just couldn't get into it. She was also a math teacher. I was good at that so I leaned towards physics and then electrical engineering, but I soon became disinterested in that too, as is my habit. Looking back, I live close enough to Indiana University that I probably should have gone to work for the Kinsey Institute doing research into human sexual behavior, even though I'm bored with that now too.

For anyone who ever read the Silver Surfer comic books, I am Norin Radd, standing on the end of my board, my gaze forever scanning the vastness of the universe, in an eternal search for meaning.
Thing is, humans are one of many species of "social" animals, and IMHO that means the meaning of our existence is simply to interact with others in a positive manner. Oddly enough, even sociopaths are "happiest" when they have other people to feel more important than. If you aren't doing for anyone but yourself then it's bound to get boring. YMMV

Wow, kind of went off the deep end there.

In the words of Kurt Cobain, 'all apologies'.
I'm ADHDOCD, glad to meet ya! When you find yourself getting sad or down about your purpose, our purpose, the divine mystery of how this all came to be all I can tell you is this. Based upon my personal observations and seeking the same answers all my life I have come to accept this fact. As smart as we think we are and as smart as we think the great minds that precede us and those we come upon in this life experience are, not a one is capable of knowing or truly explaining those answers. I love the story of Saint Thomas Aquinas who is considered to be one of the most brilliant biblical minds in history. After years of expounding upon, writing about God and life, He had a vision that showed him the deeper answer and realized all his musings all his words were nothing more than straw...and on that day he quit writing and never again spoke of his vision as it was not for man to know. It's beyond our pay grade brother. If you did shrooms or mushrooms then you got to take a peek at what this is and isn't. What is crazy with that is like Saint Thomas even though you got a peek it is like straw to the true understanding..and try and explain it to another earthling? Good luck

As someone who is blessed / gifted with muses to inspire me with melodies and lyrics (and though you may be blessed / gifted also not everyone gets to enjoy such things) One of the lyrics / messages was "Don't take it so seriously...Seriously". It made no sense to me why that refrain came to me...but as I pondered on it I realized that it was good advice. We are taught from an early age that there are serious consequences for bad behavior so we learn to conform...I like that word conform to form with / fit in. So all our lives we make a concerted effort to get through this thing called life balancing our most primal needs and wants with what we as a society deem acceptable behavior. Those that don't are either scorned and hated or loved and admired or both.

I like to think of our primal ancestors whose dna dictates the car ( body) we get to drive on our life experience. Surely hundreds of thousands of my ancestors just like me looked up into the dark night sky lit up up with billions of stars and asked the same ancient question....How did this all come to be, why are we here, what is our purpose? I like the concept of the name of Jimi's band...The Jimi Hendrix experience...he lived it and we experienced it. I am living the TAE experience, you the Not Cardio experience and those around us get to see and experience our experience. An endless circle of experiences.

Because of my experiences and the experiences of those around me who I have known and or never known I AM...That's what the burning bush answered when Moses asked hey man what's your name? I am pretty confident that this life be it 1 minute or 200 years is a mere blink of the eye of our never ending experience. Perceived from the material, time trapped world view we are imprisoned in at this juncture... Imagine that we are all part of the one..each of us a single atom existing within the one..Like dead skin we fall off of the body of the one turn to dust and are replicated again and again far beyond this illusion we call a material world. Kind of sucks to think that all that we have known and loved in this life is over when our experience is over...and so we make up happy endings the way we think it should be when it's over...Religion and the rules you must know and abide by to get the golden ticket. One of the things that they found when they were studying plants and emotions was that once the plant knew it was a goner nature caused it to be calm and surrender. Same thing happened to the man being mauled by a lion and certain he was going to be killed , when he surrendered to the idea it was over there was no more pain, it was a super comforting experience. My daughter almost died in child birth and my wife was at her side when she code blued...MY daughter related the story afterwards that it was such a awesome feeling and awesome experience she wanted to go..no more dealing with this life..If not for the screams of her Mom yelling her name over and over she'd have happily gone...leaving her first born and all of us behind for what is to come...Crazy shit. THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN MEETS THE EYE...More to this than we can ever have a clue of with the limitations (think DOORS WITH LOCKS) our minds have on them.

You want to hear some more hocus pocus craziness check out Anita Moorjani's little story...whack...

Last edited:
Only humans think they are special. Only humans think that they will go to a better place or an after life.

How do you know what antelopes think ?
Because I never see them going to church or pondering over the reduced food at Tesco's. Even more so they never sit around a Ouija board trying to get in touch with a few dead relatives that a big Grizzly ate last month.

Back