SOME BOMB-ASS TRACKS FOR YOUR *SS (n' sh*t)!!!

You mean you guys aren't Snakedog and Nakatira? You're just a couple of guys named Dan and Dave??? I've been duped!!!

Next thing you're going to tell me what's his name isn't really Dogman and True's last name isn't Eurt...Sorry, now I'm just being rediculous.

RAMI said:
You mean you guys aren't Snakedog and Nakatira? You're just a couple of guys named Dan and Dave??? I've been duped!!!

Next thing you're going to tell me what's his name isn't really Dogman and True's last name isn't Eurt...Sorry, now I'm just being rediculous.

Hey Rasputin,
Actually my middle AND last name is Snakedog. But I go by my first name "Dave" cause that's "different" ;)

Hi Rami...

I know you said you were done with this, but there's really only one thing that I'd do differently. It's the bass, man...there are big chunks of the tune when there's no guitar, and the bass is responsbible for carrying 100% of the ambience. The bass has a really "honky" tone that's just not pulling it together.

I think it would be fine if you went with "OMNIPRESENT HYPERCOMPRESSED BIG FAT BASS" or with more of a defined, jazz bass sound. It's the only thing on this end that sounds cheap.

Nice work

Cool Chris, thanx for the tip. I said I'm finished with the tune for now only because I can't hear the forest for the trees any more, but I'll definitely re-eq the bass when I get back to it. This song is weird. My drum and bass sound are usually the 2 things that sound decent in my tunes, and in this tune, they're giving me the biggest headaches. I can't figure out what I did differently. Oh well, another learning experience.
Thanx for the heads-up on the bass sound...I'll probably hear exactly what you're talking about once I leave it alone for a while and listen to it fresh again.

RAMI said:
..hehe...sorry, I'm running out of thread titles...

I re-worked this tune a few times and don't know if I can go anywhere else with it, so I guess I'll put it up for mutilation...Let me know how it sounds. Drums or vocals too loud? Anything else? thanx

Hole in the Sky

Hey Rami,

Nice work!

I love your vocals especially when harmonised, or backed up!
The only points of constructive criticism is that the guitars to me could be more present in the mix by a few db's. Nice playing in the solo, but the guitar definitely had to come up in the mix!
I love ya drumming in here to RAMI!

Good stuff!....Thanx for sharing with us! :)

Gorty :)

A nice remix RAMI,
THis would work OH SO WELL "L I V E". Sounds like it'd be fun to play also.
Cheers
rayC

Thanx for the comments guys. I'm keeping in mind everyone's suggestions when I get back to this tune. For now, I have to stop listening to it while I can still stand it. :)

RAMI said:

It isn't RAMI....it is Spakenheimer!!! :eek: Just ask BentRabbit, he named me!!! :D :D

RAMI....I listened the other day to the first version and today to this one. :cool:

I think this one does have more punch and clarity, than the other. I like the ride in this. Seems no one wants to use it much nowdays. Your vocals sound a bit different...not sure what exactly. Has to do with the pitch I believe.

It gives you a fresh sound, and the drums also seem to be a bit different from the usual...I like it very much. I think you are heading in that curve direction one's music takes from time to time, that prevents it from becoming stale...not that you were stale. You do know what I mean. There is not a musician that does not know the meaning of that....anyway, none of the abnormal musicians I know...including meself..!!!!! :D

Great song RAMI..!!

Love True :)

true-eurt said:
I think you are heading in that curve direction one's music takes from time to time, that prevents it from becoming stale...

Thanx for all the comments, True...You're right about the direction of my music lately. I'm not deliberately trying to move in a new direction, but I find i'm TRYING to be more creative musically and production-wise. Unfortunately, I feel I'm caught in some limbo where I can't really get my songs to hit the mark bang on. They're almost good, but I'm aware that the last 3 or 4 tunes I've done are not right on...Hopefully, it's just part of a cycle and it will lead to something good. Thanx again... :)

Just have fun with it, it's a hobby.
It doesn't matter unless it's your paycheck on the line.

Listened to the AAAHHHHH link....

0:34 - that's the kind of guitar mix that make this tune hot. Sounds like three of them playing there....

I think I would push the vocals back and add a little more effects but not too low (like at 2:03).

Maybe pull the "Comin Down" repeats up a bit faster or even make it full volume.

The whole mix is a bit dry for me, but that's just personal taste. I tend to overdo it anyway so what do I know (lol).

So the mix is good - just some suggestions for my taste....

Just take a break and listen for a while - and make changes - or not - depending on how you feel. A rest is always good to let things gel....

Overall this is a signature RAMI tune and it's very good - as is all your other material. ;) :D :cool:

Back