SOME BOMB-ASS TRACKS FOR YOUR *SS (n' sh*t)!!!

RAMI said:
Now you listen to me...I want garbage in my thread and I want it now! My mixing sucks, I need a wheel alignment on my car...and you're not in the mood for garbage in my thread??? Well you GET IN THE MOOD!!!!

Okay, my mixing skills are pretty low, but IMO opinion my posting garbage skills are pretty good... so here I go :D

I have to admit I am somewhat disappointed in the Rami(mtl) soundclick newsletter. I signed up for that thing like 3 months ago and have yet to receive a single piece of Rami(mtl) news. Really, I don't know where to else to go for my Rami(mtl) news so I am a bit lost :p

Another goodun Rami.
I'm not so sure about the bass though - something is slightly amiss somewhere & it may be the bass.
How do you post a link directly to a streamer in soundclick? I've only managed to link to my list.
I like the dynamics of the piece.
Cheers
rayC

Thanx Ray...Not my best song I realise. We all seem to find something wrong with the mix on this one. Weird because I didn't change anything about the way I recorded the drums or bass, but they're not right with each other.
In Soundclick's Band Admin, you should have a link for "linking tool" which allows you to copy the URL of the player with your song.

All your stuff is always good, no exceptions here. One small thing I noticed: its not that loud :confused: I just listened to another that was much louder at the same volume.

VOx are very good, I like the panning, background vox etc. Drums are quite good, this is a first class job. Interesting tune. Its unpredictable for sure, I think thats a good thing.

Put up a new version taking into account the comments here. Brought down the vox, brought up the drums and didles with them a bit. Hope it's better. Thanx for the advice.
Hole in the Sky

DavidK said:
All your stuff is always good, no exceptions here. One small thing I noticed: its not that loud :confused: I just listened to another that was much louder at the same volume.

VOx are very good, I like the panning, background vox etc. Drums are quite good, this is a first class job. Interesting tune. Its unpredictable for sure, I think thats a good thing.

I guess we posted at the same time...thanx alot David. You're right. For some reason, it's coming in a lot lower than my other songs. I'll re-mix it and get it up there. Thanx for the heads up.

Rami, I think the "odd" sound is compression...or lack of. Did you do minimal processing to your drums? They seem more dynamic than normal, and I think that throws the tune off a bit, for me. Just in comparison to other tunes you've done. I put it in Sonar again, and with just a small amount of compression with a multiband, it seems to really tame the peaks on the hits, and still give the drums a good, dynamic sound. (it also brought the bass out even more, which I really like.... :D )

So, did you do much less processing to these drums?

Anyways, just my $1.72 today...... :D

It's very possible. I know that, for some reason, the average level was lower than my other songs, so it wasn't hitting the limiter as hard. I think I didn't compress the snare enough, too. I'll go back and check that out. I'm so scared of overcompressing that I might tend to under-compress sometimes. Thanx alot Dog, I'll re-mix it again.

RAMI said:
It's very possible. I know that, for some reason, the average level was lower than my other songs, so it wasn't hitting the limiter as hard. I think I didn't compress the snare enough, too. I'll go back and check that out. I'm so scared of overcompressing that I might tend to under-compress sometimes. Thanx alot Dog, I'll re-mix it again.
No problem man...I just noticed that the hits really stood out. The sound was good, just had more pop than you normally have. I think this just stood out more in this tune. :D

Whoah, I just listened to the last version and had to go back and check. Sure enough, I had the compressor bypassed for the drums. Man, that sounds bad. I'm re-doing it now. I'll get this right one day.

RAMI said:

Hey Rami, I'm listening to your new track here "AAAAAHHHHH!!!"
Sounds a lot like "Hole in the Sky" but mixed even better. There's much more punch in there and the drums are better connected with the other music. Definitely more bombas*s ;) Did you work on the edit points for this mix too? That 2:40 point still sticks out to me.
Cheers Ram-man

Ok I`m drunk I`ve been on a jam session doin some sabbath and steppenwolf... :D

Any way I think the mix sounds different then the last time, I`m probbably the only one but I like the previous mix :o sorry :o I know I`m an amature :p .

anyway from listening this time I think the guitars sounds synthetic like it was recorded through Guitar rig, "no offense Ramster" ;)

I really like the tune though...

Just ta thought It would sound deadly with some higher pitched vox?? :cool: :confused: or maybe not...

anyway You allways impress me rami with your endless creativity and your tight playing.
Way to go.

Let me emphesize on being drunk so you wont have my head for the wicked comments. :)

your pal Daniel

SnakeDog5050 said:
lol, after all this time I never knew Nak's real name was Daniel. My real name is Dave by the way ;)

How cool is that ,,,, Hi dave """gilmour is it??? :p

Thanx for the comments guys. I'm leaving this one alone, I can't even hear it any more. At least it has the same feel as my other tunes with the same style...I gotta move on.

Your pal, Rasputin.

Back