So dead here now. What happened?

I remember you were deemed a "Miserable User" and you still put up with that crap to go to the cave. That is dedication.
I didn't know it for much of the time. It manifested in very slow browsing. I thought it was hilarious when I found out!Never cared for Dragon, but i had to tip my cap to him there!
I must say, I empathize with the mods right now. This must be tiring! :D

And now a commercial message from our sponsors The Rolling Stones, the FBI, the CIA, the BBC, BB King, Doris Day and friend to all friends... Mr. Matt Busby...Hope ya'll dig it....:thumbs up:

Dood, just stop. This isn't helping anyone. Especially yourself.

I agree and, therefore, came up with the idea.

5e171a04db092d1.jpg

'And Not A Single Fuck Was Given That Day' is an appropriate response from you because you think you have it all figured out. Well, it is obvious to me that you are misinformed and attempting to instigate arguments based on your own agenda or whatever you feel at any particular moment. How about you listen to your own post and not give a single fuck now? :D

The Cave was trashed by HR members who degraded it from a place of outrageous fun to a festering cesspool of ugliness; by HR members who pleaded for the Cave to be unmoderated but could not moderate themselves. AF agreed with the mods that it should go. AF were not happy to be smeared with the filth that permeated the cave, even if it meant a loss of traffic. Being long-term and having plenty of experience does not immunise anyone from censure; they may be given a bit more leeway because of it, but they still need to practice basic human decency.

At the end there, at least three of the guys who were acting the worst wanted the Cave closed and they were acting like troll douches in a concerted effort to get their way. They are all banned now.

Other than that, Lambo had been calling President Obama a "long legged Mack Daddy" and worse for years and he almost never did any music stuff. I don't know how Lambo lasted as long as he did. I can understand why AF would not want to be associated with that.

There's not much moderate behaviour to be seen in this thread. Lots of slapping & finger pointing though.
What is implied and inferred are not necessarily the same thing but I did note that a Mod. mentioned that AF agreed to the closing.
On a structural level that would suggest that the idea was put to them by the Mod.s and they approved the proposal therefor it was done.
guitaristic isn't being as provocative as he/she appears. S/He is being sarcastic and facetious but only in as much as he/she responds the disingenuous statements others.

On a structural level that would suggest that the idea was put to them by the Mod.s and they approved the proposal therefor it was done.

Quite so. The wish to close the cave was not new. In 2009 a mod wanted it closed, and various members and mods argued for its closure since then (and possibly before, but I can only find the first reference in 2009, which is when the mod forum started).

Calimoose entered the picture in 2015, and after representation from mods and himself fielding the numerous reports emerging from the cave and their nature, he submiited to AF that the 5% of traffic that the Cave generated was worth sacrificing to get rid off it. And thus the deed was done.

guitaristic isn't being as provocative as he/she appears. S/He is being sarcastic and facetious but only in as much as he/she responds the disingenuous statements others.

Perhaps. It may also be a variant of Poe's Law in action, it is impossible to tell whether Guitaristic is being sarcastic or provocative or what. And in that absence, all there is to go on are the words.

AF didn't do shit, haven't you heard? It was all Steen and Jimmy.

In the end there were many who contributed to the cave closing . . . starting with those who advocated its closure seven or more years ago to all the current mods, as well as Chater La and Calimoose from AF.

Quite so. The wish to close the cave was not new. In 2009 a mod wanted it closed, and various members and mods argued for its closure since then (and possibly before, but I can only find the first reference in 2009, which is when the mod forum started).

Calimoose entered the picture in 2015, and after representation from mods and himself fielding the numerous reports emerging from the cave and their nature, he submiited to AF that the 5% of traffic that the Cave generated was worth sacrificing to get rid off it. And thus the deed was done.

Perhaps. It may also be a variant of Poe's Law in action, it is impossible to tell whether Guitaristic is being sarcastic or provocative or what. And in that absence, all there is to go on are the words.

In the end there were many who contributed to the cave closing . . . starting with those who advocated its closure seven or more years ago to all the current mods, as well as Chater La and Calimoose from AF.

And from within the caverns of madness a single voice of reason came forth ...Super Gecko! :guitar:

Dood, why must you be so provocative?

I would answer this loaded question, but I'm sure Steen will come along shortly to say what I would actually mean, so I won't.

There's not much moderate behaviour to be seen in this thread. Lots of slapping & finger pointing though.
What is implied and inferred are not necessarily the same thing but I did note that a Mod. mentioned that AF agreed to the closing.

I nominate this person for moderator. He has shown reading & logical capabilities.

My initial statement was true, but it seemed to really rub Steen and Jimmy the wrong way. Perhaps they felt some sort of threat to their intellect or decision-making ability, idk.

---------- Update ----------

moderator20kitty.jpg

Back