So apparently - folks at Fox News were not being honest with their viewers

Now you are stereotyping or can you back this up with facts? It sounds more like deflection but in reality, "frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn."
You are painting with a rather broad brush here.

Man, don't say painting. How am I going to relacks fishing when there's painting to do?

I do have some art oil paints, as well, and a few canvases. But I haven't felt motivation, inspiration. Best not to force it, I reckon.

Dang, now I'm getting anxious of all the things productive I could/should be doing other than fishing. Thanks for nuthin.

I don't own a phone, I don't own a TV so I am not watching any of the news programs right or left. I read and I read fast. The problem with any news
is they all have an agenda as do most journalists.

This guy Scott Ritter, he sounds legit lol. You might want to find another source or maybe you were just pulling my leg?

William Scott Ritter Jr. (born July 15, 1961) is an American author, pundit, former United States Marine Corps intelligence officer, former United Nations Special Commission (UNSCOM) weapons inspector, and convicted sex offender.
Ritter served as a junior military analyst during Operation Desert Storm.[6] He then served as a member of the UNSCOM overseeing the disarmament of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in Iraq from 1991 to 1998, from which he resigned in protest. He later became a critic of the Iraq War and United States foreign policy in the Middle East. More recently, he has been a notable defender of Russia during the 2022 invasion of Ukraine, writing a series of opinion pieces for Russian state media outlet RT.

Ritter was the subject of police sting operations for sex crimes in 2001 and 2009, and was convicted of sex crimes involving a minor in 2011.[4][7][8]
:D

See you just proved my point.
That’s why I stick to my opinions and don’t go posting links, sources ect.

All you bastards here are looking for that gotcha moment in Hr political debates.

My opinions are my own, and I don’t owe any of you a damn thing. My opinions will not win over any ‘hearts and minds’ and they certainly won’t change what you believe.

'Cept snakes, I hate snakes. We didn't have snakes in saltwater, but that's alright, just as long as they don't climb up on the kayak with me...which is not out of the question. I hate snakes.
Yeah - not a big fan myself. Be careful, sir.

I do wish it was a little bit sunnier. It's overcast, slight chill in the air, but that's alright.
I don't know much about it - can't the overcast be advantageous? For fishing, I mean?

Yeah - not a big fan myself. Be careful, sir.

I don't know much about it - can't the overcast be advantageous? For fishing, I mean?

It can. Fish prefer cover, for various reasons...safety, ambush, spawning, etc etc. Overcast skies can in a sense provide cover in more open water. Fish might tend to move out of actual cover into more open water. Maybe. Same with wind, ripples in the water create shadows, artificial cover. It's a grab bag of potential for this or that, really. Best to adapt through process of elimination to any given circumstance. Find what works, where they are, and do that.

See you just proved my point.
That’s why I stick to my opinions and don’t go posting links, sources ect.

All you bastards here are looking for that gotcha moment in Hr political debates.

My opinions are my own, and I don’t owe any of you a damn thing. My opinions will not win over any ‘hearts and minds’ and they certainly won’t change what you believe.
Are you calling me a bastard lol? You told me Scott Ritter is a reliable source so I looked it up. That guy is a joke.

It can. Fish prefer cover, for various reasons...safety, ambush, spawning, etc etc. Overcast skies can in a sense provide cover in more open water. Fish might tend to move out of actual cover into more open water. Maybe. Same with wind, ripples in the water create shadows, artificial cover. It's a grab bag of potential for this or that, really. Best to adapt through process of elimination to any given circumstance. Find what works, where they are, and do that.
I never did any freshwater fishing but I did a lot of salt water fishing in the ocean. That is always an adventure. You keep your scissors handy so you can cut the line in an emergency.

I never did any freshwater fishing but I did a lot of salt water fishing in the ocean. That is always an adventure. You keep your scissors handy so you can cut the line in an emergency.

Emergencies? Pliers, needle nose pliers are your friend, or a hook removal tool. On the other hand, provided you're not using stainless steel type hooks, they will eventually rust out, but you try to remove the hook of at all possible. Respect, and being a good steward.

When my nephew first came to live with me, he and the wife hit the beach with me. I hooked into a big ass ray, big bastard(or mama). It's like reeling in a cinder block, although they do meander about. Pretty strong runs from time to time. Initially when it hit we were sitting and chatting. Rod holder fell over and rod heading off across the sand and into the water. I ran and dove just in time to catch it. I'm reeling this big bastard in, and a bunch of kids for whatever reason with a of the beach had chosen to frolic right next to where I was fishing. Not a care in the world. This thing I had gotten within about 15 yards from the shore, and I'm like, "Hey, there's a big stingray right beside you. You don't want to get stung. Hey, hello?" I mean this thing was right there with them. People had gathered to watch. Truth, rays are a pain in the ass, no big bragging rights. Things were getting sketchy with those kids, teenagers. So I eventually thought best, leaned back hoping my rod wouldn't break, and snap, broke off the line. There a big "aaawe" from the crowd. Sure, it would have been interesting for everyone to take a look at him once on shore, fascinating creature, but I had to do what I had to do, somebody could've have gotten hurt.

Good times.

Emergencies? Pliers, needle nose pliers are your friend, or a hook removal tool. On the other hand, provided you're not using stainless steel type hooks, they will eventually rust out, but you try to remove the hook of at all possible. Respect, and being a good steward.

When my nephew first came to live with me, he and the wife hit the beach with me. I hooked into a big ass ray, big bastard(or mama). It's like reeling in a cinder block, although they do meander about. Pretty strong runs from time to time. Initially when it hit we were sitting and chatting. Rod holder fell over and rod heading off across the sand and into the water. I ran and dove just in time to catch it. I'm reeling this big bastard in, and a bunch of kids for whatever reason with a of the beach had chosen to frolic right next to where I was fishing. Not a care in the world. This thing I had gotten within about 15 yards from the shore, and I'm like, "Hey, there's a big stingray right beside you. You don't want to get stung. Hey, hello?" I mean this thing was right there with them. People had gathered to watch. Truth, rays are a pain in the ass, no big bragging rights. Things were getting sketchy with those kids, teenagers. So I eventually thought best, leaned back hoping my rod wouldn't break, and snap, broke off the line. There a big "aaawe" from the crowd. Sure, it would have been interesting for everyone to take a look at him once on shore, fascinating creature, but I had to do what I had to do, somebody could've have gotten hurt.

Good times.
You better have a heavy leather glove on one hand if you intend to hold a sea robin while removing the hook. There are things you pull up out of the ocean you just don't want to mess with, cutting the line and replacing the hook and sinkers is sometimes the best course of action. Sometimes you haul up other things besides fish. I am not talking about fishing off the shore but off boats out in the ocean.

Last edited:
I was thinking how long it has been since I watched TV? I figured I would use Seinfeld as a marker, never seen one of his shows or any other sitcom of that era so that puts it before 1989 and it goes back further. I have never owned a cell phone and once went eleven years without any phone at all. I told the wife if someone really wants to speak to me they will come to the door and I was proven correct on more than a few occasions.

You better have a heavy leather glove on one hand if you intend to hold a sea robin while removing the hook. There are things you pull up out of the ocean you just don't want to mess with, cutting the line and replacing the hook and sinkers is sometimes the best course of action. Sometimes you haul up other things besides fish. I am not talking about fishing off the shore but off boats out in the ocean.

Oh yeah, there are a lot out there you don't want to willy nilly go sticking your hand. But there are most often better alternatives to cutting your line, losing gear, and potentially harming wildlife. If you're scared, say you're scared. Respect and preserve, be a good steward, you are a guest.

Lead singers are not cheap anymore, that's for sure.

Oh yeah, there are a lot out there you don't want to willy nilly go sticking your hand. But there are most often better alternatives to cutting your line, losing gear, and potentially harming wildlife. If you're scared, say you're scared. Respect and preserve, be a good steward, you are a guest.

Losing gear? A fish hook and some sinkers? We are not talking salt water reals here. Harming wildlife lol. You're out on the ocean in a boat polluting it with diesel oils and noise, might as well just stay on shore.

Are you going fishing or not?

I'm in! Wife didn't seem all too excited when I said I might go fishing. So before I make a move I took the dogs out for a walk one at a time. Brownie points. The Aussie Shepherd took a poop. Bam! Pooped into my head we took the dogs into the vet yesterday and they were unable to get a poop sample from her. SoI came in, got the wife to demonstrate poop sample collection, and did the deed. I can drop off the sample at the vet office while I'm out. I'm doing a good deed!

Gotta love it when things come together like that, like it was meant to be. And worth every amount of trouble(bonus I got no 💩 on my hand, I don't think?)

Losing gear? A fish hook and some sinkers? We are not talking salt water reals here. Harming wildlife lol. You're out on the ocean in a boat polluting it with diesel oils and noise, might as well just stay on shore.

We do what we can. But that's, like, just my opinion, man. Personally I despise fuckers who go out and don't respect the fishery, habitat, the wildlife. Keep undersized/oversized fish, even if slightly so, justify it. Kill skate just for the hell of it or because they can be a pain in the ass. Cut their line because they're scared of doing the right thing and removing the hook. Trashing the fucking place. Stay fucking home, and stay off my lawn.

Back