Shure sm57's Made In Africa?

dodgeaspen

OK, I was thinking about buying a few 57's from a seller on Junkbay. He was selling two and the bid price was about $104.00 I am leery about buying used mics from someone I don't know. I emailed him and asked if the mics were genuine or knockoffs. I get a response saying, Good item
Made in Africa

- cablesman1
Are the 57's made in Africa or are they made to look like the real thing? I have bought two from sweetwater within the last year and am looking to buy a few more. Thanks for the help in advance.

Not a lot of saving in the long run eh? Gotta look at dollar point mate. Saving a c note here there aint nuttin. F'rinstance my Buzzard, current retail, 10,500, my price on Ebay 2,700. It's a series 1 BTW. The price for a series 1 generally goes above the new ones, Warwick basses are huge in Europe, this guy wouldn't ship outside the US.

To me Ebay is good for 2 things, insane deals, or hard to find items. Saving 1C note aint worth the trouble of buying used.

I thought that they were made in Mexico?
Might just be knock offs!
:cool:

They are- Shure recently send me this reply to a query about where one of their mics was made:

The MX202 is assembled is Shure's factory in Mexico. Shure constructed this factory in 1985.

I understand their entire line is made in either Mexico or the US.

STAY AWAY FROM THOSE MICS- THEY ARE FAKES.

They are- Shure recently send me this reply to a query about where one of their mics was made:

I understand their entire line is made in either Mexico or the US.

STAY AWAY FROM THOSE MICS- THEY ARE FAKES.

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

It might be interesting to know who is making the knock offs.
Rest assured that it's probable not Neumann. :D

:cool:

Back