Show us your Decks!

One more 38 & friends composite...

VV4G7739compsmall.jpg

Cheers! :)

Steve, its an unnamed Teac prototype that I've surmised was an R&D project that ultimately bore the Tascam M-50.

12 x 8 x 2, modular inline mixer with crazy routing and submix features...one of a kind AFAIK.

I've been in the analog world since July and this guy has made it the most enjoyable experience.....

Attachments

• MSR 24.jpg
    MSR 24.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 285
Nice MSR-24! :)

I even like the over exposed shot! Makes it look hot!:cool:

Cheers! :)

Hahaha I'm all about the over exposure, I get very excited about my gear and love to nerd out when editing photos.

I think its in our blood to tweak anything that is tweakable. I imported the picture into photobucket and it asked me if I wanted to edit it. OF COURSE I WANT TO EDIT IT!

I need to take some lessons from Ghost, These pictures arent so good. You can see the studio under renovations. I had to rebuild after a few generations of squirrels had been living behind the walls.
VP

Attachments

• Blizzard 2009 027.jpg
    Blizzard 2009 027.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 242
  • Blizzard 2009 031.jpg
    Blizzard 2009 031.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 239
  • Blizzard 2009 032.jpg
    Blizzard 2009 032.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 244
  • Blizzard 2009 034.jpg
    Blizzard 2009 034.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 240
Happy Family

This is of course a posed photo...
Happy Family.jpg
I'm thinking the A-2300 must be the grandfather, but the others, well... I guess the 38 is the lady of the house and the 34 the gent. Its definitely a matriarchy in this reel house.

in keeping with the booze shots:
Happy Family 2.jpg
She's got a shot of bailey's, gramps keeps to the triple belgian, while the 4 tracker is a plain ol' 'session' man...

Booooooooo!

:eek:
Agreed! Definitely some good spirits in there.

It is funny you say that. The original stone foundation dates to 1787, the original building was burned in 1970, I have a picture of it I will post. When I was 10 my father and uncle rebuit it into a cow barn. I have a picture of that too. People always get "vibes" from the place, most good. There is a story of a farmer who died in a blizzard in there milking the cows. I have never had any "encounters" in there, even when I was feeling no pain! The pictures are in the studio for people to look at.
VP

Amazing stuff guys. I loved going through all these pics. I'll get mine up as soon as i put the Tascam 38 back together.

My camera is in Spain. :( Later though after it gets back... :)

Nice pics, by the way all since I looked last... eye candy.

My Tascam 38:

A month or 2 ago, i broke down, and rescued a sad-looking 38 from Craigslist...

Tascam38_M520_2.jpg

Tascam38_M520.jpg

I've been having a fun time going through it, cleaning it up, and getting it working. Needless to say, the computer now has company. ;)

-Tom.

Last edited:
SAD looking...

Well you must have made it happy because its looking happy now...WOW!

What a cool setup, Tom. ;):cool:

Oh man I'd love to get my hands on a M520...

Good looking setup man. I'm working on bringing my newly acquired 38 back to life.

Thanks guys!

Yep, the 38 is looking allot better than when i first brought it home. When i first got it, the capstan belt was shot, the headstack cover was broken/fell off, the mother board had lots of intermittent/cold solder joints and only 2 input cards were getting signal, i blew a fuse checking voltages and apparently the machine sat in a puddle for a while, because there was rust climbing up from the bottom, mostly on the inside. There's still some transport stability issues so... it's been an adventure... ;)

-Tom

Found a roll around rack to put my 4 track in.

Looks smudgey in the pic but it runs and sounds great! :)

Attachments

• ampex2.jpg
    ampex2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 146
I had some oak laying around so the other day I decided to make some side panels for my 308. I made some for my M-35 too but I want to stain them with a darker shade.

Attachments

• 308-5.jpg
    308-5.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 143
Back