Shameless Self promotion

Whomever left the rep with "but having a signature spouting spam is?".... spam is illegal in Texas. There are a lot better ways to get people to your site than spamming.

JoeBannon said:
Call Crystral Clear distribution in Dallas, they will do it for you.

Crystal Clear isn't really good, I used to work at Crystal Clear Studios and it wasn't really worthly.

I found that www.oasiscd.com does a much better job. They do the whole nine yards. From the pressing of the CD, comes a complete package of radio promotions, and brick & morter outlet's, not to mention they also get your CD onto online stores (not that it really matters). The thing is they get your CD into Best Buy, Target, Sam Goody, etc.

Mindset said:
Crystal Clear isn't really good, I used to work at Crystal Clear Studios and it wasn't really worthly.

I found that www.oasiscd.com does a much better job. They do the whole nine yards. From the pressing of the CD, comes a complete package of radio promotions, and brick & morter outlet's, not to mention they also get your CD onto online stores (not that it really matters). The thing is they get your CD into Best Buy, Target, Sam Goody, etc.

Yeah, I've only heard bad things about their studios. HOWEVER, their distribution is run by a different group of people and they do get CDs in stores I want them in (except Walmart).

BTW, are you still in Dallas? What's your story?

JoeBannon said:
HOWEVER, their distribution is run by a different group of people and they do get CDs in stores I want them in (except Walmart).

OK Joe,

since you have hijacked somebody elses thread and think you are big stuff, where are your CDs? What stores are they in? Enlighten us peons with your expertise. Why are you an expert? Whats your claim to fame?

DavidK said:
OK Joe, since you have hijacked somebody elses thread and think you are big stuff, where are your CDs? What stores are they in? Enlighten us peons with your expertise. Why are you an expert? Whats your claim to fame?

Well Bin Laden, I never said I was "big stuff", nor do I want to be. It doesn't take an expert to get your CD out in stores. Pick up the fucking phone and call a distributor. As Mindset said, even Oasis will do it. I did mjr a favor and gave him the same of someone local. The rest is up to him.

DavidK said:
No, you just acted like it. BTW I lived in DFW for several years.

Just don't expect people to do stuff for you and you too can be big stuff, or whatever it is you want to call yourself.

JoeBannon said:
Just don't expect people to do stuff for you and you too can be big stuff, or whatever it is you want to call yourself.

I play with people like REM and YES.

Can we get back to Jamal's thread now?

Back to Jamal's thread.....

I just ordered me a CD. Guess shameless self promotion works. And when David's is released, I will have a copy of that in my hand also..... :D

Dogman said:
I just ordered me a CD. Guess shameless self promotion works. And when David's is released, I will have a copy of that in my hand also..... :D
How do we order Jamals CD? Can you post a link here Jamal? I am lazy and might forget at the store, so I will go and order online if I can. Dogman, you got one out yet? Just say when and I will pick it up.

WOW, this works a LOT better when the people actually like each other :cool: :D

DavidK said:
How do we order Jamals CD? Can you post a link here Jamal? I am lazy and might forget at the store, so I will go and order online if I can. Dogman, you got one out yet? Just say when and I will pick it up.

WOW, this works a LOT better when the people actually like each other :cool: :D
If you want a Blame Amy cd, go to Piggy Back Records. Here is a direct link to Blame Amy's store...Blame Amy

JoeBannon said:
Still nothing to do with "marketing your music / publicity"
I dissagree. This has everything to do with markiting and getting publicity. He's answered every question posed to him, so that anyone else might do the same thing. Why the fuck be so negative about it? It's not like he's spamming here. This is a music related site, Blame Amy does music, and some of the band members are also longtime members here. All is good.

Dogman said:
I dissagree. This has everything to do with markiting and getting publicity. He's answered every question posed to him, so that anyone else might do the same thing. Why the fuck be so negative about it? It's not like he's spamming here. This is a music related site, Blame Amy does music, and some of the band members are also longtime members here. All is good.

Ditto. Now if I can just get the credit card from my wife, I'll be ording one of these. :o

DavidK said:
I play with people like REM and YES.

Can we get back to Jamal's thread now?

KAZOW!....BAM!.....KERRRACK!!! :D :D :D

SERIUOSLY i appreciate anyone who DOES take the time to pick up the c.d ..but in all honesty i wasnt in here tryin to sell them ...i was just stoked about HAVING THEM...

and dont you worry about Joe, because he is rich , i know this because i looked at his myspace accountS (plural) where he lets you know three or four times that he is in fact , rich.

pee-sout
J.

Jamal Bucket said:
KAZOW!....BAM!.....KERRRACK!!! :D :D :D

SERIUOSLY i appreciate anyone who DOES take the time to pick up the c.d ..but in all honesty i wasnt in here tryin to sell them ...i was just stoked about HAVING THEM...

and dont you worry about Joe, because he is rich , i know this because i looked at his myspace accountS (plural) where he lets you know three or four times that he is in fact , rich.

pee-sout
J.

Now you're rich. I think after taxes, and split amongst your band, you just made 12.5 cents. Don't spend it all at once. :D

Jamal Bucket said:

You are correct, I have two.... one personal and one for my project. Would you like to know anything else?

Dogman said:
Now you're rich. I think after taxes, and split amongst your band, you just made 12.5 cents. Don't spend it all at once. :D

I actually give all the profits I make to my band members.

JoeBannon said:
Who you play with has nothing to do with this thread ;-).

OH really i thought this thread was entitled "shameless self promotion" ;-)

Seems for someone interested in marketing you are not very astute. Why dont you keep to being a pedant!

gummblefish said:
OH really i thought this thread was entitled "shameless self promotion" ;-)

Seems for someone interested in marketing you are not very astute. Why dont you keep to being a pedant!

I'm not interested in marketing.

Back