Shameless Self promotion

JoeBannon said:
They take a commission, you don't have to pay them upfront.

How much of a commission do they take? I'm not going to get the shaft if I do this, am I?

mjr said:
How much of a commission do they take? I'm not going to get the shaft if I do this, am I?

Anyone you use will take a commission. You'll have to give them a call, I don't remember off the top of my head. It's really small, they deal in bulk.

First of all i don't give a crap about the "talking about your cover isn't promotion $hit"

Now to the good stuff...

Amazing Graphic Design... blew me away since I have always dreamed of "If I get to make a CD with me and my daughter" I would love a cover with both our pictures and just stuff on the background in fire... and with a fire effect like the one in the hair and braches, but on ourselfs.... like if we are on Fire and maybe go with the CD Title with the pic and run with it... Take ideas for the tittle from the actual cover...

Thanks for sharing the excitment! BTW we do mostly spanish reggea/dancehall type of music called Reggaeton...

But we still far from archiving that goal... ok back to song writting

Cheers ... keep sharing!!

JoeBannon said:
Talking about your CD cover isn't promotion.

i was talking about my c.d. being released you fucking cockhole..i put pictures on here to illustrate that i had actual barcodes on it ...sorry that doesnt fit into what you determined the rules to be ...to the extent you felt compelled to give me negative rep for something that SHOULD be something im completely stoked about..

really it just shows how fucking SMALL of a person you really are .

and im done responding to you .

good luck with whatever you are trying to do .

J

Jamal Bucket said:
i was talking about my c.d. being released you fucking cockhole..i put pictures on here to illustrate that i had actual barcodes on it ...sorry that doesnt fit into what you determined the rules to be ...to the extent you felt compelled to give me negative rep for something that SHOULD be something im completely stoked about.. really it just shows how fucking SMALL of a person you really are . and im done responding to you . good luck with whatever you are trying to do.

Still nothing to do with "marketing your music / publicity"

Excuse me, bar room patrons...

Why are we fighting over the location of the cue ball, rather than the high price of beer? :confused:

JoeBannon said:
She has two, one is married and the other is as dumb as shit.

I'm going for the married one.. dumb girls are contagious...

Although.. I'm hoping I don't get dupped into a film noir scenario... :D

something im completely

It's i'm with an apostrophe. I will not tolerate this nonsense in this forum, in the future I will use my mighty rep power to teach you a lesson BUT GOOD. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

OK, Joe Bannon's assholeness aside, :rolleyes: congratulations on this, it's very cool and very exciting. It lends a certain credibility to your work to actually walk into the local Tower and see your CD there. It doesnt matter if you can sell 10 zillion on CDBaby or i-tunes, it's VERY cool that one can walk into the store, see this CD and say " I know this guy". :cool: :cool:

Joe Asshole:

It has EVERYTHING to do with marketing and promotion. WHY? Because if I see a Blame Amy CD in a store, I am going to buy one, seriously. :cool: I have known Jamal on here for some time, I will buy the disc because of this thread. He just marketed it to me.
If I see a JoeBannon disc :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I will take it and hide it in back of the marching band CDs.

Big congrats to you Jamal. It must've driven you crazy waiting for this product to come out. I too dig the album cover and I checked out the myspace site. Once my cash flow eases up I am going to purchase one of your cds. So one of the $1.50's you'll get is from me. :)

Also, if there is any concern that this thread isn't about marketing, then I'll further the notion that it is by saying you will soon be getting a message on myspace saying that some pervert named "Catharcass" wants to be added to your friends list. That will be me, so don't worry. I won't be raping your dog or anything (not that there is anything wrong with that), just shamelessly promoting myself through yourself.

DavidK said:
Joe Asshole:

It has EVERYTHING to do with marketing and promotion. WHY? Because if I see a Blame Amy CD in a store, I am going to buy one, seriously. :cool: I have known Jamal on here for some time, I will buy the disc because of this thread. He just marketed it to me. If I see a JoeBannon disc :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I will take it and hide it in back of the marching band CDs.

With today's crap, marching bands sound pretty good. Thanks for moving my CD David Whogivesafuck.

treymonfauntre said:
hey i'm glad you made moderator within 4 months of posting here. wait a minute..

guys ..lol.. its ok ...i realize that joebannon was the guy who was trying to find the best "add friends " bot ...so he could seem like he was somebody on Myspace ..lol...4000 friends and 22 comments ..THAT seems about right ..

:D

btw JoeBannon..i just realized that you were actually one of OUR friends on myspace...i took care of that for ya !

Jamal Bucket said:
guys ..lol.. its ok ...i realize that joebannon was the guy who was trying to find the best "add friends " bot ...so he could seem like he was somebody on Myspace ..lol...4000 friends and 22 comments ..THAT seems about right .. btw JoeBannon..i just realized that you were actually one of OUR friends on myspace...i took care of that for ya !

I don't need myspace to be somebody. Myspace is very weak for online promotion. BTW, who said I was your friend? You're just another whore.

Back