Scarlett 18i8 issues

BoneDigger

I am using a Scarlett 18i8 on a laptop and running Windows 10. The upgrade to 10 seems to have worked okay after I upgraded the Scarlett software and drivers. However, I'm now having an issue and I cannot pinpoint the cause. I am assuming it's a problem with the Focusrite.

I am recording videos using a Zoom Q8 and/or an Olympus LS20M. When I record these videos and listen to the playback on headphones through the recording device, it sounds fine. When I play it back on the computer, my voice sounds high and squeaky, almost like a quacking or "ducky" sound. If I play these same files through a different computer, it sounds fine. I also tried playing a Youtube video and had the same issue with vocals. They just sound too squeaky and high. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not like an interference sound where you can't hear it. The vocals are clean, they just sound high pitched. I can't find any setting that I might have messed with that would cause this. I reinstalled the newest drivers and it still has the same issues. I have not yet tried a different audio device, but was hoping MAYBE one of you might have experienced this and might have a fix?

Todd

Make sure the bitrates you recorded it at on the device, and are playing it back in the computer, are both the same. I have that focusrite, and it doesn't do anything like that. If the bitrates are all the same, try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

44hz/24bit is pretty standard for audio. For video I think they use 48hz/24bit.
But if you import it into a daw at a different rate you might get a variation in pitch, so make sure your DAW project's default setting are for whichever one you choose. There should be a preference tab somewhere in your daw to set the project's default.

Try that, and if it doesn't work reinstall the drivers, and do a windows update to see if there's some compatibility issue.

Back